Qualified staff accountants should email a resume to Petrina at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
CSI Financial is recruiting for exciting Staff Accountant opportunities to join one of the fastest growing fintech companies in Nashville! Our client is looking for a highly skilled, had working and experienced Staff Accountants to take over daily check/cash reconciliation and handle high volumes of transactions.
Environment is positive and high energy with a modern open-office concept.
Mission and Values of our Client
Our client's mission is to continue to be a leading retailer of financial services in the communities they serve. They believe servant leadership starts with building confidence and promoting health and wellness for their team members.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for accurate data and reporting that goes out to investors and the management team. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for reconciliations of store and payment center transactions and certain bank activities in order to limit risk of loss in a high-volume cash intensive business. Staff Accountants will act as a gatekeeper for all transactions that occur on the retail store and payment center level. A successful employee will demonstrate strong attention to detail, always deliver exceptional customer service, and serve as a role model to other employees in attitude and performance.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
CPA a plus
2+ years of volume accounting experience
- Verify that all procedures and policies are followed in the stores as a result of reconciliation process.
- Identify and report variances having a direct impact to the business to management.
- Prepare reports for management’s review.
- Perform daily check cashing reconciliation
- Perform daily vendor reconciliation
- Perform store cash reconciliation
- Perform other daily reconciliations as needed
- Treat customers and co-workers with dignity and respect.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures, state and federal laws
- Participate in ongoing learning and development of the Accounting function.
- Communicate that with peers, management, and vendors.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills with both peers and management.
- Ability to perform complex reconciliations and make business decisions based on numerous factors.
- Ability to be able to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Strong analytical skills; ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong listening skills