As a Staff Accountant II, you would be part of a vital and collaborative team that works daily to successfully manage the financial aspects of our business. Our Accounting Team processes the organization's balance sheet, and analyzes financial statements in comparison to the budget to help business partners understand the findings and ensure accuracy. Your understanding of accounting processes, compliance needs, and internal controls would be the keys to your success, and would help our business leaders make better financial decisions, impacting the Company's overall bottom line.
Reconcile an assigned set of General Ledger accounts monthly, proposing corrections as needed, ensuring a timely and accurate monthly review of all assigned accounts.
- Confirm and post reoccurring journal entries
- Confirm and run purchase and inventory reconciliations
- Review journal entries for posting issues
- Flux analysis for month end
- Inter-company accounting transactions
- Assist in Month-End Close Oversight and Reporting SuiteStore
- Set up New Entities, Stores and General Ledger Accounts
Compile business unit financial statements on a monthly basis and organize variance explanations for distribution to management for yield and statistical analysis referencing portfolio analytics.
Partner with other departments to ensure that transactional activity is coded accurately, and that financial reporting integrity is maintained.
Research and document policies for assigned accounts to ensure GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley compliance for review and approval by the management team.
Prepare quarterly and annual audit schedules in accordance with audit timelines.
Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Ideally have 3-5 years of relevant experience in accounting
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university
- Ability to drive continuous business process improvements, primarily through the use of technology
- Ability to work independently with a strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of process flows
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite, particularly Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work extended hours, particularly during the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end processes
- Strong familiarity with GAAP
- Experience with Intercompany transacitons is a plus
- Experience with Oracle or Hyperion Essbase (Report Building) is a plus