The Staff Accountant I - General Ledger will be responsible for the preparation of month-end close process, expense accruals, balance sheet reconciliations, financial statement fluctuation analysis, journal entries, and other analyses requested by management. Clear communication with various departments and management is essential for this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and record journal entries.
- Explain Income Statement and Balance Sheet variances.
- Prepare, maintain, and understand balance sheet and income statement reconciliations.
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses as requested by management.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Prepare audit schedules, and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Assist in special projects and reports as needed within the general scope of this role.
- Collaborate with various departments within the organization.
- Maintain strict confidentiality required of company financial data.
- Model the behaviors expected of all leaders including, but not limited to, a drive for results, with a demonstrable bias for action; high levels of emotional intelligence, maturity, and professionalism; giving, receiving and responding to feedback effectively; a consistently high service orientation; and demonstrable commitments to diversity, inclusion, a respectful workplace, and integrity.
- Bachelors degree required… BS Accounting preferred
- 3+ years of accounting experience specifically focused on general ledger accounting. IT accounting experience is highly preferred. Will consider 1-2 years in a 4 or 8 Public Accounting firm.
- Must be proficient understanding of GAAP and have a strong, demonstrable background in journaling, balance sheet prep and monthly / annual reconciliation and close. Experience with Great Plains is highly preferred.
- Proficient understanding of general accountancy, including generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Word.
- Ability to recognize discrepancies/errors in written/recorded data/information including the ability to initiate and respond to work errors in a professional manner, working collaboratively and cooperatively with others
- Ability to conduct working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Working knowledge of Great Plains Dynamics and Hyperion is a plus.
- Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work under demanding time constraints and production goals.
- Working ability to remain effective under stress, and respond to pressure in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to company policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities.
This is a contract role up to $26 per hour DOE.
Apply now for immediate consideration!