We are seeking a Staff Accountant for one of our valued clients. Accounting Now specializes in helping financial professionals build their careers by matching them up with the right contract or full-time job opportunities in finance, accounting and banking. We are looking for a Staff Accountant with a strong accounting background and excellent communication skills with the ability to prepare and present financial information. This is a temp-to-hire opportunity.
As a Staff Accountant you will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and reporting financial statements and other financial reports to management. You will also provide assistance to the Accounting and Financial Reporting staff by preparing journal entries, performing GL account analyses, participating in the monthly, quarterly financial statements close, and preparing financial statements.
* Preparing journal entries and assisting in month-end accounting close functions to include preparing journal entries, posting transactions, accruals, and account reconciliations and analysis
* Assisting with the preparation and analysis of monthly internal management reporting package for results of operations
* Assisting in preparing required reports for external reporting as necessary
* Providing cross-functional backup to other accounting functions
* Actively participating in the documenting / development of accounting policies and internal controls
* Participating in special projects to support management's need for financial statement analysis and process improvement projects
* Executing process efficiency improvements utilizing LEAN tools
This is a great match for a detail-oriented Staff Accountant who is proactive, organized and thorough with a desire for continuous improvement. For this accounting position it is essential that you have the ability to measure information, connect with other departments, research information and relay to upper management. In this role you must confidently use your understanding of financial concepts, practices, and tools to effectively manage multiple projects in a corporate setting.
Additional Staff Accountant requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance
OR related studies
* 5 or more years of total finance and accounting experience
* Concur experience(Travel & Expense Report Software)
* Heavy Accounts Payable experience
* Working knowledge of Microsoft applications especially Excel and PowerPoint
* Strong analytical skills
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Excellent problem solving, relationship management and critical thinking skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects, meetings and deadlines
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Strong work ethic