TMX Finance Family of Companies is seeking a strong Staff Accountant experienced in Fixed Assets to join the corporate office in Carrollton, TX. Flexibility to staff the position as a Level II or III depending one experience.
As a Staff Accountant II or III, you would be part of a vital and collaborative team that works daily to successfully manage the financial aspects of our business. Our Accounting Team processes the organization's balance sheet, and analyzes financial statements in comparison to the budget to help business partners understand the findings and ensure accuracy. Your understanding of accounting processes, compliance needs, and internal controls would be the keys to your success, and would help our business leaders make better financial decisions, impacting the Company's overall bottom line.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Reconcile an assigned set of General Ledger accounts monthly, proposing corrections as needed, ensuring a timely and accurate monthly review of all assigned accounts.
- Confirm and post reoccurring journal entries
- Confirm and run purchase and inventory reconciliations
- Review journal entries for posting issues
- Flux analysis for month end
- Inter-company accounting transactions
Analyze business unit financial statements on a monthly basis and develop variance explanations for distribution to management for yield and statistical analysis referencing portfolio analytics.
Research and document policies for assigned accounts to ensure GAAP, SOX, and Sarbanes Oxley compliance for review and approval by the management team.
Prepare quarterly and annual audit schedules in accordance with audit timelines.
Partner with other departments to ensure that transactional activity is coded accurately, and that financial reporting integrity is maintained.
Work closely with and assist Accounting Manager as needed.
Assist with special projects as assigned.
- 4-5 years of relevant experience in accounting
- Experience with Fixed Assets is needed
- Ability to drive continuous business process improvements, primarily through the use of technology
- Ability to work independently
- Working knowledge/experience with Oracle ERP platform
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of process flows
- Understanding of revenue recognition
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite, particularly Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work extended hours as needed, particularly during the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end processes
- CPA candidate
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university
- System conversion experience
- Experience with Cognos, ReqLogic, Accruent, DocLink, TrinTech, or FRx
The Staff Accountant II or III is a member of the Accounting Team, a dynamic group comprised of multi-taskers and problem solvers. To learn more, visit us at https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/careers/top-talent/finance.
To learn what is going on in our Company, visit https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/tmx-talks.
Standing, walking, sitting, repetitive movements and use of mechanical controls, such as keyboard, are frequently required.
All TMX Finance® Family of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers.