Duties & Responsibilities:
- Setup and validate the Firm's vendors during the supplier onboarding process.
- Maintain 1099 database in the Accounting software and communicate with vendors to obtain proper documentation as necessary.
- Audit expense reports to ensure compliance with firm policies and evaluate. appropriate account and matter coding.
- Audit vendor invoices for firm compliance and evaluate appropriate account and matter coding.
- Evaluate sales and use tax payable on invoices.
- Resolve reconciling items when needed, work with the GL and billing team, and participate in providing documentation for the annual audit.
- Respond to vendor and internal inquiries regarding vendor and employee payment status.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree is required, in Accounting or Finance.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of attorneys and staff.
- Ability to prioritize work, handle pressure situations; meet deadlines and have a complete understanding of accounts payable and its impact on other functions within the Accounting Department and the Firm.
- Effective research and problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Chrome River and 3E accounting system database a plus.