Summary of Position Requirements:
The Sr Staff Accountant is responsible for the day to day activities of the budgeting department along with corporate requirements and management reporting for the division; and assisting in all external reporting, including financial institutions, taxing authorities, owners and regulatory agencies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update community budgets
- Help prepare monthly reporting packages
- Assist in meeting the monthly closing schedule, including monthly budget updates
- Assist in preparation and review of annual Business Plan and quarterly updates Review and coordinate property tax payments, personal property schedules, business licensing, and G&A analysis
- Review and prepare general ledger account reconciliations.
- Assist internal and external auditors as needed.
- Prepare and process deposits
- Handle other duties and special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirement:
Bachelor of Science degree with emphasis in accounting and finance.
2+ years’ experience in an accounting role
- Real estate and/or construction experience is a plus
- Advanced Excel Skills, JD Edwards experience and Essbase/Hyperion a plus
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to work in excess of eight hours per day in the confined quarters of an office. Also requires the ability to bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items less than 50 pounds. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork and to receive/return phone messages. Standing is required for filing and copying.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.