Senior Financial Reporting/SOX Auditor
The Sr Financial Reporting/SOX Auditor will work with a strong team of accountants to manage the SOX compliance program and its Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR). This role will partner closely with Accounting, FP&A, Legal, and HR to help ensure that the company remains in compliance with SOX regulations and that business processes and internal controls are designed and operating effectively. The role has visibility to broad accounting and financial operations and will gain valuable experience with company processes both domestically and internationally. As part of the company's continuous improvement initiatives, the Internal Controls Senior will play a key role in assisting process owners in identifying gaps in internal controls as they continually improve business processes and systems applications. The Senior Financial Reporting/SOX Auditor will also assist the Reporting and Technical Accounting department with regards to the Company's financial reporting requirements. This position will also assist in the preparation of the financial statements including cash flow statement, statement of equity, and certain footnote disclosures as well as other duties and projects as assigned.
Our client has a department stacked with past Big 4 accountants & managers and is looking to add another to the team. If you are a 2-3 year public auditor looking to make the switch to industry, this could be the role for you! Alternatively, if you public industry experience and enjoy working in a collaborative and flexible environment, look no further! Perks of the job and company include: Great comp. Package with base +bonus, strong benefits package, flexible pto, growth opportunities, and a strong team that works together to get the job done.
What will the Senior Financial Reporting/SOX Auditor do?
- Assist with the planning and execution of the annual SOX risk assessment process to support development of the global SOX compliance plan.
- Support the implementation of SOX compliance solutions/tools to centralize all SOX related documentation, including control matrices, process and procedures, testing and test results, and remediation plans; and provide training to business process owners to increase ownership of SOX processes and allow management to independently monitor compliance efforts.
- Assist with the development and execution of a Control Owner Self-Assessment (CSA) program.
- Partnering with control and process owners to identify gaps, risks or issues within the design or operation of control activities and working with the control owner to perform remediation activities.
- Support coordination with Internal Audit and external auditors on SOX compliance testing. Monitor the progress of walkthroughs, test of controls, and interface with process owners to timely remediate exceptions identified within the SOX audit.
- Assist with coordinating the risk assessment, internal controls framework and SOX testing efforts with the International Compliance team.
- Partner with IT business partners to help ensure all ITGC controls are documented properly and functioning effectively asdesigned, andassist with coordination of SOX related ITGC audits as applicable.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to mitigate/manage risks while reducing overall SOX and ICFR compliance costs; including a program to further mitigate SOD (segregation of duties) risks.
- Partner with functional business areas to analyze and determine the impact to internal controls as we implement new accounting standards, new systems applications or process improvements.
- Proactively train control owners, finance and accounting staff and business partners/stakeholders on SOX (COSO framework, PCAOB guidance), ICFR and other internal controls compliance requirements.
- Assist with broader Accounting, Finance and GRC (governance, risk and compliance) initiatives as they surface.
What we are looking for in the Senior Financial Reporting/SOX Auditor?
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, Finance or a related discipline.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred. Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) a plus
- 2+ years in financial reporting, external auditing, internal auditing, and/or SOX related experiences
- Experience working for a Big 4 public accounting firm or consulting firm specializing in audit / assurance / SOX 404 testing preferred
- Strong knowledge of: Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Section 404, and COSO Internal Controls Framework, risk assessment practices; Internal Controls over Financial Reporting
- U.S. GAAP; international Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and compliance
- Excellent project management skills: proactive, responsive, takes ownership and accountability, drives processes, meets timelines and critical deadlines.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, build and cultivate strong relationships across all levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, willing to 'Roll-up your sleeves' in order to drive and deliver results and improve processes
- Experience with Workday and ServiceNow a plus.
- Experience with audit analytical tools a plus.