Req ID: 18452
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
The Senior Financial Analyst will assist with the operational activities of the Corporate Revenue and Reimbursement Department to ensure appropriate reporting of operating revenue for the Hospital and Hospital owned Primary Care Network. The Senior Financial Analyst, under general supervision:
- Calculates and analyzes the expected Net Revenue and makes appropriate journal entries.
- Manages the completion of mandatory Federal and State Cost Reports.
- Prepares Monthly Financial Documentation for Internal Customers, and external auditors.
- Works collaboratively with other Revenue and Reimbursement Staff, Financial Partners, Revenue Integrity Specialists, and Clinical Department Personnel.
- Provides in-depth, ad-hoc revenue analysis, as requested by management.
- Oversees the completion of Financial Surveys for external agencies.
- Participate in routine analysis of posted gross revenue for the Hospital, Ambulatory Care, & Home Care.
- Maintain systems & files utilized to calculate the Net Revenue, A/R Reserves, Liquidity, & Bad Debt.
- Calculate & analyze expected net revenue for the Hospital, Home Care, & Ambulatory Care Network.
- Analyze accounts with special contractual arrangements to ensure accurate calculation of expected net revenue.
- Maintain and analyze monthly Bonus payments, capitation payments.
- Record and reconcile third party receivables and maintain monthly capitation and bonus payment schedules to ensure appropriate recognition.
- Support Finance Partners and leaders of the revenue team in the development of gross and net revenue budgets for hospital and hospital owned entities.
- Perform analyses of accounts receivable, credit balances, and bad debt each month.
- Partner with Patient Financial Services to review Primary Payor changes, Denied Days, and other Patient Accounting System actions that impact Net Revenue.
- Summarize and provide data on applicable changes to patient accounts to support Case Management Leaders.
- Produce in-depth schedules to support the Reimbursement Manager and the Director of Revenue and Reimbursement in reporting to the CFO on a monthly basis.
- Maintain all activities related to the completion of the Transplant worksheets in the Medicare Cost Report including:
- Transplant Log
- Collection and analysis of physician and staff time studies
- Gift of Life receivables
- Partner with team with all aspects of the collection, analysis, and input of information necessary to complete annual Medicare and Medicaid cost reports.
- Complete all financial schedules related to Gross and Net Revenue, as well as schedules related to Home Care and Dialysis.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Other Assigned Duties
- Assist with completion of annual audits by governmental agencies as it relates to revenue.
- Complete collection analyses as requested for specific services.
- Maintain Research Fee Schedules.
- Assist the Reimbursement Manager, the Director of Revenue and Reimbursement, and colleagues with any special analyses or specific project plans as needed, such as Payor mix analyses, and proactive revenue maximization.
- Assist Revenue Integrity Specialists with analyses related to their Assessments to provide meaningful information to clinical departments.
- Provide quarterly data to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Complete and submit the Quarterly Services Survey to the US Census Bureau.
- Prepare and submit annually the information required for the Pennsylvania Health Care Cost Containment Counsel (PHC4) submission.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
B.S. in Accounting, Finance or Healthcare Management
Minimum of 5 years prior experience in Healthcare Finance
Position requires the ability to quickly comprehend facts, identify trends, and alert the respective line of authority.
It is essential that this position have good communication skills due to interaction with various outside and inside entities.
Working knowledge of computer programs, and analytical ability to identify and correct problems.
Proficient in database report writing is preferred.
- All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Additional Technical Requirements
Knowledge of computers and software programs including but not limited to: MS Office, Lawson, EPIC, Crystal Report Writer, Business Objects, Strata, Workday and Crowe Horwath.
- Ability to use personal computers, phones, copiers, fax machines and other office equipment is required.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146