The Senior Buyer is a vital component of the company-wide procurement process which includes strategic sourcing, contract negotiation, cost management, project management, program compliance, and supplier relationship management. Sr Buyer will be responsible for procuring goods and services including IT hardware and software, staffing, office supply products, telecom carriers, and travel services. The role involves significant supplier interaction and collaboration with stakeholders.
- Collaborates with and supports all procurement needs and ensure the demand from internal customers is met.
- Identifies and executes company-wide cost savings opportunities which involves managing competitive bids and negotiating with suppliers. Efforts include but are not limited to:
- Researching internal stakeholders and supplier operations
- Engaging stakeholders to support the opportunities
- Creating project management action plans
- Creating and distributing a Request for Proposal, Request for Information, Request for Quote
- Analyzing suppliers' value propositions and presenting results
- Negotiating terms and creating contracts
- Planning and assisting with implementation
- Delivering progress and financial reports
- Monitoring all data received during projects
- Acts as point of contact for suppliers within assigned scope of responsibility and manages day-to-day supplier relationships, including service, delivery, quality, and billing issues.
- Ensures contract compliance with all agreements in given categories.
- Maintains item information and pricing within e-procurement platform.
- Identifies and supports projects to streamline the entire Procurement process.
- Collects and analyzes relevant market information to maintain understanding of operations, cost drivers and market dynamics of services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of procurement systems
- Strategic planning while supporting daily tactical activities.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office software products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Strong Project Management, Business analysis and reporting expertise.
- Skills managing supplier and customer relationships
- Ability to lead and influence others
- Advanced planning and organization
- Ability to multitask and adapt to change.
- Experience in Airba and PeopleSoft is helpful.
- Presentation and Communication Skills
- Results oriented with creative problem solving capabilities.
Work Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Primarily sedentary work in a general office environment
- Ability to communicate and exchange information
- Ability to comprehend and interpret documents and data
- Requires occasional standing, walking, lifting, and moving objects (up to 10 lbs.)
- Requires manual dexterity to use computer, telephone and peripherals
- May be required to work extended hours for special business needs
- May be required to travel up to 20% of time based on business needs
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting required
Minimum Related Work Experience:
- At least 7 years of experience in a Procurement, Strategic Sourcing or Buying role related to indirect goods and services.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.