Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.
Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and drive results for customers and patients. Power your future & join our bold team.
The Health Systems Manager (HSM) is responsible for the overall sales, formulary placement, general account management, and the goal of providing approved/indicated BOTOX® education within targeted hospitals/institutions and with targeted Neurology, PMR and Ophthalmology attending physicians, residents, fellows, and pharmacy departments within an assigned territory. Responsibilities include drafting a hospital business plan intended to utilize all Allergan approved resources effectively to advance the business, to include: delivery of the product and on-label promotional messages; enhancing attending injecting skills; botulinum toxin education for residents and fellows and other key hospital audiences (e.g., pharmacy, PT/OT); delivering clinical programs; facilitating Key Opinion Leader (KOL) relationships; development of relationships with key formulary decision makers, maintenance of formulary status and price negotiations as required.
The employee must conduct their work activities in compliance with all Allergan internal requirements and with all applicable regulatory requirements. Allergan internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements and objectives.
The company offers flexible career paths with a strong emphasis on opportunity for internal mobility.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher is required
- Minimum seven years total pharmaceutical or medical device experience
- Minimum five years sales and/or reimbursement experience
- Knowledge of the Academic Medical Center/hospital environment
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Knowledge and experience of legal and regulatory compliance requirements related to the Pharma/Biotech
- Proven track record with documentation of successful sales performance
- Neurological sales background preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively work with many diverse customers
- Strong organizational, analytical and business planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate with many diverse customer audiences, therapeutic decision makers, and other influencers
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Financial/budgetary experience
- Experience with physician administered injectables preferred within a buy & bill Medicare Part B/Medical benefit environment or other comparable reimbursement experiences
- Ability to travel adequately to cover territory, as well as overnight attendance at training meetings
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening test