Accounting Now has partnered with an established transportation company in need of a Sr. Staff Accountant to join their team, whose primary responsibility is to support the field operations by performing accounting services related to recording, analyzing, maintaining, and reviewing month-end and financial statements.
* Prepare monthly general and standard journal entries, income statements, account reconciliations, cost reports and various other accounting statements and reports; provide interpretation of results as appropriate.
* Analyze division financial reports and records through an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, making recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets and/or expenditures as appropriate.
* Assist in site and rate audits for assigned regions.
* Review and verify the accuracy of journal entries in accordance with contractual rights and obligations. Partner with division management to conduct special studies and develop or recommend accounting methods and procedures.
* Research and resolve problems pertaining to financial reporting systems, ensuring compliance with GAAP.
* Review overhead department monthly financials.
* Research and resolve problems pertaining to financial reporting systems, ensuring compliance with United States generally accepted accounting principles.
* Prepare corporate account reconciliations. Ability to understand transactions in a multi-company environment
* Provide month end journal entries for national accounts, corporate Visa accounts, capital expense requests, bank reconciliations, leases, and annual and interim physical inventory coordination.
* Oversee the month end process for assigned locations to ensure deadlines are met.
* Maintain good working relationships peers, financial and executive management.
* Assist in preparing audit requests for external auditors
* Special projects as assigned.
* The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
* B.A. or B.S. in Accounting
* One (1) to five (5) + years accounting experience
* Ability to work as a member of a team and as an individual contributor
* Organized, detail-oriented, and able to juggle multiple fast-paced projects
* Ability to meet deadlines
* Strong interpersonal relations and communication skills
* Minimal travel (up to 5%)
* Experience in a multi-company environment
* Computer skills including Microsoft Office applications, Lawson experience is a plus
Apply NOW for immediate consideration!