Looking for a Sr. Staff Accountant for a Non-Profit Organization!
A large non-profit client of ours is looking to add onto their accounting team. Do you have multiple entity accounting experience?
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide comprehensive accounting and financial reporting assistance to multiple entities within organization
- Responsibilities include cash receipts, cash disbursements, payroll, general journal entries, and reconciliations through the preparation of monthly financial statements with the application of Generally Accepting Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Responsible for conducting financial, operational and compliance review following AUP engagements due to compliance deficiencies by the entity.
- Evaluating business processes and functions for effectiveness, internal control adequacy and accuracy of financial reports and records.
- Evaluating efficiency of operations and making recommendations for changes in policy, methodologies, budget and operations;
- Provides on-site training to staff and assistance to Managers regarding internal controls, operating efficiency and compliance changes.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment regarding accounting practices, fiscal record keeping, financial reporting and accounting and related controls.
- Monitors and analyzes internal and external factors affecting finances of the particular entity.
- Forecasts entity financial position and makes recommendations
- Provide computer support to entities utilizing Sage 50 financial software and software support tools
- Create appropriate standardized entity financial reports
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget
- When appropriate prepare and present monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements on a timely basis
- Attend entity Finance Council meetings as requested to present financial statements
- Conduct training needs assessment by collecting information pertaining to work procedures, work flow, and reports; understanding job-specific functions and tasks
- Design training manuals by identifying and describing information needs; submitting initial versions for review; revising and editing final copy
- Organize and present training material entity finance personnel at various times in the year
- Provide appropriate orientation and training for new finance and accounting hires
- Detailed review of financial records of parishes and schools as required and/or necessary prior to their scheduled AUP for possible inclusion in engagement
- Advanced Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Accounting
- 3+ years of non-profit accounting a PLUS
- Exp. with SAGE 50
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, professional telephone manner, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite, including Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point, and navigating the Internet; experience with software support tools and training helpful
- Attention to detail and able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with a broad array of financial competencies and employ effective teaching/training techniques.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with emphasis on meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with team members and Organization's employees
Full-time Direct Hire