Our top Residential Mortgage client in Texas, who is licensed in all 50 states, is seeking multiple experienced Underwriters with recent FHA and VA experience for 12 REMOTE (work from home) roles! This position offers bonus incentives, overtime pay, great benefits, work life balance, and growth opportunity!
Sr. Mortgage Underwriter - Remote!
Location: 100% REMOTE JOB!! - Work from home in TX, NC, SC, or GA! – no travel involved
Direct Hire Salary: $83,600 - $93,600 (paid hourly at $40-45/hr) + overtime pay and bonus incentives!
The Sr. Mortgage Underwriter is responsible for underwriting conventional, FHA and/or VA residential mortgage loans and will work closely with loan processors in providing guidance on what documents a necessary to complete the loan review.
- Make critical credit decisions on conventional and government loans, clear conditions, review and complete change requests
- Underwrite loans to investor/agency guidelines
- Analyze risk as it relates to investment quality loans
- Review and calculate income.
- Review appraisals to ensure investor / agency acceptability.
- Approve condominium projects.
- Maintain knowledge of underwriting guidelines and loan programs.
- Complete assigned loan reviews within required timeframe.
- Complete Underwriting Certifications, as necessary
- HS Diploma
- 5+ years of overall mortgage underwriting experience
- 3+ years of recent experience underwriting FHA and VA loans
- FHA and VA certifications (CRU, AMP, LAPP/SAR, etc.)
- Encompass software
- Strong MS Office software skills
- Ability to work from home efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills