We’re not a typical financial institution – we’re better. We’re an innovative, fun-loving, highly-engaged group of professionals that are committed to our company and the communities we do business in. We love to recognize and celebrate each other.
Over 90% of our employees say we are a great workplace that is focused on our mission, vision and the future of banking.
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for independently executing internal audits of various Credit Union business functions and processes. The successful candidate will perform audits over accounting and financial data, operational processes (e.g. – Procurement, Payroll), as well as ancillary activities (e.g. -- system access, business continuity, file maintenance) within the organization. Work is directed towards validating and subsequently assessing whether proper controls and oversight are in place as well as being consistently executed, that processes and procedures are appropriate for purposes of compliance related to government guidelines and law. The Senior Internal Auditor will conduct audit activities in order to assess potential areas of risk, appraise their significance, and in making recommendations to improve system controls. Resources to do the job require reliance on knowledge of accounting, auditing rules, NCUA guidelines, State of Illinois and other regulations applicable to financial services organizations.Responsibilities
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Audit the processes, operations, activities and various other meaningful and/or statistical data of various departments and locations of the Credit Union
- Develop audit scope and detailed testing approach, including the ability to identify any necessary changes to the audit approach throughout the audit process
- Develop, review, edit and submit audit reports and work papers that support audit conclusions and provide high value recommendations of enhancements, opportunities for improvement, as well as best practice opportunities
- Experienced in using data and analytical processes, including Excel, to evaluate and support internal audit projects and reviews
- Participate in Credit Union activities such as projects, new initiatives, task groups, etc., in order to support development and implementation of new policies, processes, controls
- Provide feedback to the organization relative to proper internal control framework, Internal Audit industry best practices, compliance, and operational improvement opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to develop new risk based audit methods, programs, procedures, processes or techniques
- Provide input and perspective to internal stakeholders with respect to mitigation strategies and action plans
- Assist in coordinating and facilitating requests by regulatory examiners, external auditors and other third parties