Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review capital acquisition request ('CAR') memos (approx. 30-50 memos per month) as provided by Capital Planning and the business to provide detailed feedback on Capex Vs. Opex, reasonability of useful lives, write off calculation of replaced asset, etc. Review must be formally submitted on time for the bi-weekly Capital Committee meetings. Assist the brands with preliminary questions on their projects.
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP, company policies and Sarbanes Oxley controls in Fixed Assets area. Draft annual updates of Sarbanes Oxley process narratives.
- Prepare and explain monthly variance explanations (Actuals vs. Forecast, QoQ, YoY, etc).
- Assist with deliverables to auditors as well as for 10Q and 10K filings.
- Run multiple General Ledger queries and monitor monthly results through detailed variance analysis.
- Prepare and Review Balance Sheet Reconciliations and Journal entries as provided by Junior Staff. Execute month end close procedures.
- Review accounting for major Fixed Assets transactions including ship deliveries/newbuilds, ship acquisitions, revitalizations, disposals, etc.
- Advance process improvement projects such as automation of CAR Certification process, PP&E Rollforward automation, Lease Accounting, Capitalized Labor analysis, write off process improvement, Component Model update and process documentation.
- Must have ability to work well under pressure, write executive level reports, administer meetings and problem solve with groups while dealing with variety of variables. Must be able to work independently in some case and bring tasks to completion.
- Must be able to interact with levels of employees ranging from administrative to executive level.
- Ensure Compliance with US GAAP.
- Optimize Return on Invested Capital, Earnings Per Share, and other Company Metrics.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting. Masters of Accounting preferred.
- Active CPA License.
- 5+ years of professional accounting experience.
- 2+ years of Fixed Assets and lease accounting experience.
- JD Edwards/Essbase/SmartView a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills including technical and business writing. Aptitude for problem solving and diplomacy. Significant knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint. MS Access a plus. Ability to manipulate and report on complex data. Proven record of executing successful process improvements. Ability to handle changing priorities and deadlines. Strong attention to detail. Strong analytical skills. Must be able to communicate in English. Able and willing to deliver friendly, courteous, and prompt customer service. Able and willing to work cooperatively with other team members.