Classification: Sr. Financial Analyst
Compensation: $100000.00 to $110000.00 yearly
There's an urgent need for a Senior Financial Analyst to join a client via Robert Half in the Chevy Chase, Maryland area. In this role, you will be directly involved in the coordination of various planning cycles (annual planning, quarterly forecasts and monthly outlooks), while providing strategic analyses and recommendations. You will ensure variance analysis of bookings, revenues and expenses, clearly explaining the business reasons for variances and adjusting the outlook models to reflect operational adjustments. As the Senior Financial Analyst, you will manage building long-range operating plans to support business initiatives, developing rolling forecast processes to ensure resources are leveraged with maximum effectiveness, and driving world class strategic and financial planning methods. Cultivating data-driven planning processes and improving upon monthly and quarterly reporting will be some of your responsibilities as Senior Financial Analyst. If you are looking for a pivotal role which will allow strategic input to the senior leadership of the company, this is the Senior Financial Analyst position for you! Don't wait - apply today! This is a permanent opportunity.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Budgeting - Develop, coordinate and analyze annual expenditure and revenue budgets for assigned programs and cost centers, including meeting with budget area heads and cost center managers to assist in developing their zero-based budgets.
- Forecasting - Coordinate, analyze and recommend forecast revisions for assigned programs and cost centers at scheduled intervals during the fiscal year.
- Management Reporting and Variance Analysis - Summarize financial information for monthly, quarterly, year-end and ad hoc management presentation including results on actuals and projections.
- Long Range Planning - Assist in the development and maintenance of long range financial planning models for management.
- Capital Project Budgets - Prepare project accounting and financial reporting for capital and major projects.
- Administrative Accounting - Contribute to the monthly and year-end financial close process by preparing correcting journal adjustments, payroll adjustments and budget transfers.
- Reporting, Systems Implementation and Maintenance - Maintain the electronic budget developmental model for Headquarters’ budgets.
- Liaison and Customer Service - Build strong relationships with assigned budget owners to ensure collaborative efforts in preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Other - Provide ad hoc analysis and perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this Senior Planning & Financial Analyst position will have 5+ years of experience in forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, modeling and strategic planning, BS in Finance or Accounting (CPA or MBA+), advanced user of Excel, the ability to effectively explain and synthesize concepts and data in a written format, SQL, SAS, Workday and Tableau would also be preferred. To apply to this Senior Planning and Analysis role please do so through this posting or reach out to me on LinkedIn - Caren Bromberg Bach or call Caren Bach at 301.965.9035.