We’re not a typical financial institution – we’re better. We’re an innovative, fun-loving, highly-engaged group of professionals that are committed to our company and the communities we do business in. We love to recognize and celebrate each other.
Over 90% of our employees say we are a great workplace that is focused on our mission, vision and the future of banking.
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for developing comprehensive analyses to evaluate consumer & mortgage loan characteristics and external factors with respect to delinquency and charge-off, following and utilizing best practices in credit risk management, querying corporate databases with a variety of tools and providing reports, leading evaluation, implementation and monitoring of third-party and in-house scoring solutions, building empirically derived and statistically sound models that account for existing business policies and procedures, recommending rule changes and providing support for advanced decision management software, and assisting with audit / regulator requests. The incumbent is a key contributor to the success of the Risk Management team. Work involves frequent interaction with various departments and vendors, preparation of analysis summaries, and effective presentations to management. Resources to do the job require reliance on knowledge of credit union products and services and expertise of credit risk concepts, lending, collections, and regulatory requirements.Responsibilities
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Independently identify appropriate credit risk strategies to be applied
- Analyze origination risk factors and recommend improvements in underwriting criteria and loan product pricing to increase loan volumes while minimizing losses
- Support new data acquisition and consult less experienced analysts and other functional areas on current data intricacies
- Provide monthly updates for the loan portfolio performance reporting package, including but not limited to origination quality, delinquency, and loss metrics
- Prepare data for third-party quarterly mortgage & consumer loan portfolio performance analysis
- Track, review, and implement changes to Adaptive Control System modules, based on First Data / FICO methodology, for the credit card portfolio
- Provide support and rule recommendations for loan origination system implementation and maintenance
- Collaborate with Lending, Marketing, and other departments to assess risk with respect to future new and enhanced lending products as well as potential Loan Trading Desk transactions
- Lead studies on improving credit risk measurement for economic capital setting, plan delinquency and charge-off, and calculate ALLL / provision
- Partner with Loss Prevention & Recovery to enable sound collection strategies
- Build rapport with Database Administration to streamline two-way communication to ensure data quality
- Query the Data Warehouse and other databases with SAP Business Objects / Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio to extract, summarize, and save relevant data
- Drive improvements in test set-up to more accurately assess effectiveness of proposed risk strategies and team up with Operations and other departments for project implementation
- Design and build predictive models in SAS. Evaluate, implement, and monitor third-party scoring solutions
- Prepare supporting information and present findings to management
- Generate periodic reports for audit and regulatory compliance and assist with ad hoc requests
- Help formulate and revise credit policies and procedures to address new regulations