ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Contribute to the strategic development of the Mass Affluent and Financial Advisor scorecards
- Design and develop KPI metrics for measuring business success
- Contribute towards Key Investment Services strategic planning process through fact based analysis
- Guide and execute analysis of our markets, competitors, and customers using internal and external resources
- Guide and execute analysis of our Advisors and Licensed Bankers to create variability analysis and performance management
- Drive Strategy initiatives around growth, investments, capital and expense optimization
- Conduct organic growth initiative development and prioritization, and portfolio assessment
- Identify opportunities and issues of strategic importance to KeyBank Investment Services.
- Develop recommendations to advise senior management on high-priority initiatives, including growth strategy, product and segment strategies, and cross business initiatives.
- Manage profitability drivers of products to ensure they meet profitability hurdles.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once and prioritize delivery based on key objectives.
- Prepare business reviews to highlight findings and recommendations to senior management.
- An undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics or another quantitative discipline such as Engineering or Statistics.
- 5-10 years’ experience in the banking industry or a major consulting firm including extensive experience in strategy development and execution.
- Experience working with disparate data sources and platforms to access, define and structure the right data elements for strategic analysis
- Strong problem structuring and analytic capabilities; ability to take a complex problem and organize it in discrete pieces for solution
- In-depth understanding of the business and financial drivers for Investment Services is a plus.
- Ability to work with a team of knowledgeable professionals and partners.
- Ability to size and prioritize large-scale analytical initiatives across businesses.
- Ability to work effectively with senior and middle level managers and with large interdisciplinary teams.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, active-listening); ability to structure and deliver clearly articulate presentations.
- Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Data and Analysis Skills: Know how to pull data from source systems and datasets like EDW, stage and transform data, leverage unique fields to match disparate datasets, independently knows how to get access to data and systems, read and understand data using data dictionary of the fields and then be able to produce outputs and views of the data. Write replicable code that is well commented with documented processes. Ability to automate and streamline processes. Proficient in Tableau, SAS, SQL, etc.
- MS Powerpoint and Advance MS Excel skills required.
- Strong Interpersonal skills - Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Drives for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented with a relentless focus on execution; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Key Community Bank serves individuals and small to midsized businesses from Maine to Alaska through our 15-state network of over 1,200 branches, 1,500 ATMs, telephone banking and robust online and mobile platforms. KeyBank’s Consumer/Business Banking segment provides consumers and small business owners with straightforward banking solutions and personal finance expertise that helps them make confident financial decisions today and plan for tomorrow. Key Private Bank offers wealth planning that follows a consistent, disciplined approach guided by objective advice based on each unique situation. KeyBank Commercial Bank offers midsize business financial services that drive growth and profitability and help business owners identify new opportunities with products and services including deposit, cash management, investment services, commercial lending, equipment leasing, and asset-based lending.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.