We work with companies that offer environments for our employees to contribute, learn, and advance their career. We treat you like you are part of the family.
Job Title: Sr. Accountant- Lease Administration Services
Work Location: Dallas, TX
Duration: 1 year contract with option to hire
Education/Experience Required: Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience. ¿
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of revenue and expense accruals.
- General Ledger review and adjustments.
- Reviews or backfills client invoicing.
- Reviews or backfills third party spend allocations to Client projects.
- May either apply or submit cash applications to Client invoices.
- Researches and resolves accounts receivable issues.
- Reviews contracts and compiles data to submit for contract setup in accounting system.
- Researches open accounting issues.
- Prepares income statements, balance sheets and various other accounting statements or financial reports for field and management reference.
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Reviews transactions from subsystem to ensure data accurately passed through the various tables and sub ledgers.
- Prepares Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Examines financial transactions and documents for conformance with accounting requirements and principles.
- Creates month-end accounting entries and reconciles discrepancies.
- Answers questions from other departments, locations and divisions regarding various accounting issues and reports, including profit and loss reports.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
- May coordinate and assign tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
- Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Responsible for setting own project deadlines.
- Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
- Resolves routine questions and problems, and refers more complex items to Senior Accountant or department management
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two to four years of related experience and/or training including 2+ years professional level accounting experience, preferably 2+ years experience in general accounting, A/P, A/R clerical and/or entry level accountant positions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and interact effectively with management, employees, and auditors.
- Must have the ability to convey financial issues to non-financial users.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and summarize data and to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) regulations.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions.
- Conducts basic financial analysis.
- Follows accounting practices to ensure optimum client satisfaction while guaranteeing company financial interests are protected.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Experience with automated accounting and financial management systems.
For more information or to view other opportunities, visit us at www.paladininc.com.