Job Title: Sr. Accountant
Work Location: Dallas, TX
Duration: 7 month contract with option to extend or hire
Education/Experience Required: Minimum of two to four years of related experience and/or training including 2+ years professional level accounting experience, preferably 2+ years experience in general accounting, A/P, A/R clerical and/or entry level accountant positions¿
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for moderately complex accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and the resultant managerial reports and financial statements.
- Reviews and/or processes billing/invoicing and enters data into the accounting databases.
- May either apply or submit cash applications to the vouchers/invoices.
- Researches and resolves accounts receivable issues.
- Answers questions from other departments, locations and divisions regarding various accounting issues and reports, including profit and loss reports.
- Researches open accounting issues.
- Prepares income statements, balance sheets and various other accounting statements or financial reports for field and management reference for a small to mid size customer or market.
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Reviews transactions from subsystem to ensure data accurately passed through the various tables and sub ledgers.
- Analyzes reports and records, making recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Prepares Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Maintains, records, and reconciles billings and accounts receivables for small to mid size clients/markets or accounts.
- Examines financial statements and documents for conformance with accounting requirements and principles.
- Creates month-end accounting entries and reconciles discrepancies; posts to GL and reviews variances to budget.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
- May coordinate and assign tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
- Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Responsible for setting own project deadlines.
- Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
- Resolves routine questions and problems, and refers more complex items to Senior Accountant or department management.