Social and Digital Content Manager
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices PenFed Realty (PenFed Realty), a wholly owned subsidiary of PenFed Credit Union (PenFed) is looking for a Social and Digital Content Manager at our Flower Mound, Texas office. The primary purpose of this job is to take responsibility of our content marketing strategies including social media management, social advertising, blogging, text and video content creation, reputation management and new media resulting in lead generation.
Our ideal candidate is a creative marketing professional, preferably with a strong writing background. This individual should be able to develop engaging content to attract and retain customers. For this position, it’s also essential to be up-to-date with new technologies, marketing trends, and a passion for creating company and customer culture.
For this role, the incumbent should also have a deep understanding of social media advertising and its management, how different social networks operate as well as a strong knowledge of Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for online content.
Ultimately, the ideal candidate should strengthen our online presence and increase our brand awareness and culture through effective social media/content strategies, Social/PPC/SEM ad campaigns, client engagement, and quality lead generation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Design and implement a cohesive strategy across all platforms to align with business goals and increase our brand awareness
- Work with marketing peers to establish content themes
- Develop and maintain an editorial calendar that maps out content development plans in conjunction with marketing goals and integrated campaigns
- Create and manage content, promotions and campaigns while tracking their success on platforms such as social media ads, blogging, Twitter chats, social contests, YouTube video, LinkedIn conversations, and the content and links posted through additional channels
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications to reach our target audiences
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence
- Plan and execute, with brand consistency, all web, SEO, marketing database, email, social media, content and display advertising campaigns
- Build and manage the company social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat and potential additional social channels
- Think critically and strategize in terms of creating original marketing plans that are tailored to each agent's individual needs as well as creating a strategy for the company
- Develop an optimal content schedule, considering web traffic and customer engagement metrics
- Build and support SEO strategies, including optimizing key words in content marketing projects
- Optimize copy and landing pages for paid search engine marketing campaigns
- Identify habits of our online customers and suggest ways to reach a broader audience
- Document and represent the company at various community and outreach events and live event coverage, including on-site posting, photography, interviews and networking
- Execute copy development consistent with our brand voice and deliver on-key strategic campaigns/projects, including writing copy for direct mail, email campaigns, sales collateral and other sales/marketing materials that will resonate with our customers
- Develop and maintain website content to promote communications and initiatives
- Monitor and analyze SEO and social/web traffic metrics and user engagement (e.g. click-through and bounce rates)
- Monitor, analyze and advise on needed modifications to our Search Engine Marketing (SEM) campaigns to ensure ad effectiveness and desired conversion
- Set specific objectives and develop reports for showing results and return on investment (ROI)
- Provide effective project management for communication materials through a variety of print and digital media outlets, including internet, social media, direct mail, advertising, events and public relations
- Manage social media/digital content marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Develop, curate and manage relevant social media and digital content strategies along with editorial calendars to reach our target customers
- Monitor, listen, and respond to users in a “social” way while cultivating leads
- Implement and manage promotions and social ad campaigns
- Manage and monitor efforts to build online review and reputation and respond accordingly
- Manage and report monthly on social media insights, online reviews, customer/fan feedback, web traffic and analytics
- Analyze marketing metrics and change strategy accordingly
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussion about our company, competitors, and/or industry from existing customers, leads and from new audiences
- Manage multiple agent services as a profit center to the company while working closely to partner and strategize with other departments (accounting, training, operations)
- Manage companies and multiple individual real estate agent social media accounts, strategies, social advertising, Pay Per Click, and Search Engine Optimization whom opt-in utilizing the departments services
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- 7-10 years of Marketing related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, English, writing, journalism, communications or related field is preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in managing social media channels and developing content is required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; excellent proofreading skills
- Experience building audiences online or offline is required
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite products, SEO, SEM, Google Analytics and social media tools
- Google AdWords Certification is a plus
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, including experience with Google Analytics, Facebook ads, and similar technology
- Forward-thinking and team-oriented with the ability to educate and train others in use of technology
- Extensive experience in taking solutions from idea to implementation
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid environment, meeting tight deadlines and high expectations
- Familiarity with real estate and its terminology is a plus
- Familiarity with graphic design principles and visual branding elements is a plus
- Utilize established social media publishing and listening tools for content optimization, influencer identification, and competitor insights
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
Light travel may be required within the continental United States.
Berkshire Hathaway PenFed Realty, LLC is a full-service real estate brokerage firm with over 60 offices and 1,700 world-class sales professionals, offering complete service coverage in Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Florida, Tennessee, Kansas and Texas markets. Founded in 2006, we are a wholly owned subsidiary of one of the country’s largest and most financially stable credit unions, PenFed. We are also one of the largest franchisees within the Berkshire Hathaway Home Services network. The Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices network stands among only a few organizations entrusted to use the storied Berkshire Hathaway name, a name representing strength, integrity, trust and universal respect. PenFed’s products, pricing, and financial stability coupled with the Berkshire Hathaway brand creates a powerful combination for growth within the residential real estate arena. With growth of over 900% in the past 5 years, PenFed Realty is recognized as one of the fastest growing real estate brokerage firms in the country.
Our mission is to recruit, retain, and support the most knowledgeable real estate agents in the industry so that we may ensure a smooth and hassle free home buying experience.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.