Senior Web Developer, Miami, Florida
The Senior Web Developer is primarily responsible for improving and enhancing the overall operation of the organization by providing skills, expertise and knowledge around web technologies (both inter- and intranet) to use the web as a business driver for the Company in the marketplace within banking and government regulations.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Develops and maintains Internet/Intranet applications and web pages to meet end user requirements.
- Meet with Electronic Banking Officers, Systems Analysts, or users to establish functional requirements and system specifications.
- Confer with Marketing, as required, to design, build, or modify Web sites. Provides technical guidance as required.
- Design, develop, test and implement new software systems for Internet or Intranet web sites, while insuring compatibility with existing systems and applications.
- Administer web servers and determine placement of web pages and applications on the server.
- Install and/or convert vendor-provided software to maintain users up-to-date with latest enhancements and compliance requirements without downtime or significant interruptions to user's activities.
- Provide technical support to resolve software problems, clarify software requirements when necessary, and enhance user's working knowledge of the software.
- Maintain historical records by documenting changes to programs and updating notes on project tracking system.
- Resolve software conflicts by redesigning or reprogramming in-house-written Internet or Intranet software affected by installation of new software releases, Database enhancements, or operating system versions.
- Resolve emergency programming halts 24 hours a day, seven days a week using sound judgement to minimize impact on system availability.
- Ensure compatibility of Internet, Intranet, and In-house-developed web-enabled applications with new core-system release installations.
- Direct, lead, and mentor the work of the Web Software Developers I-III. pertaining to BSA, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and other AML related issues.
- To identify, evaluate, monitor and make any recommendation deemed necessary to their respective Risk Management Committee in order to assess, reduce, eliminate or control any current or prospective risks to earnings or capital arising from violations of, or nonconformance with, laws, rules regulations, prescribed practices, internal policies and procedures or ethical standards.
Functional Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
Must be a team player, have the ability to work under pressure, have a professional image and be able to resolve problems and conflicts. Must be able to prioritize work and effectively manage time and have the ability to manage change. Must possess basic business communications skills such as advanced writing, listening and have basic office and mathematics skills, and customer service skills. Possession of professional skills such as report writing, advanced statistics, effective presentation skills, creative skills, budgeting, ethics management and conducting effective meetings and research assessment are required. Previous experience with Lotus Notes, Internet and MS Office Skills, including MS Word Advanced, MS Excel Advanced, MS PowerPoint Advanced, MS Project Level II and MS Visio Level I required.
Minimum Education and/or Certifications Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or comparable discipline required.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
Minimum nine years of Internet Development experience using .NET and Java technologies, preferably in a banking environment.
Technical and/or Other Essential Knowledge:
Advanced concepts, practices and procedures within web-development field. Experience with Visual Basic, VB .NET, Java, SQL, ORACLE, C++, HTML, and XML.
Physical Demands. Air-conditioned office environment with 80% of the time spent at a desk performing computer functions and 20% walking or traveling to co-location to resolve internet/intranet issues.
Stressors. Constantly changing priorities and deadlines, 7/24 on-call status in order to respond to system failures.