This position is for a Senior VMware / ESXi Systems Administrator responsible for management and maintenance of the company's ESX / Cisco UCS Infrastructure computer systems. As a Senior Administrator you will also be expected to mentor other less experienced team members as needed. This is with a large financial services company with offices in Downtown Houston.
In this role, you will work closely with the global team, the Level 3 and Level 4 subject matter experts, and business teams to maintain the infrastructure and support our critical business functions. You will participate in team meetings, upcoming changes, and root cause analysis meetings assigned by the shift leads. This individual will work with a regional and global staff of engineers of similar skill as well as Operating Systems (OS) Teams.
- Managing customer requests for ESXi / ICP infrastructure support including: moves, adds, changes, repairs and inquiries via email, chat or phone.
- Participating and supporting the project teams on ESXi infrastructure project initiatives and periodically taking a lead project role as assigned.
- Defining and updating departmental run book documentation.
- Providing customer day-to-day support activities and critical telecommunications functions.
- Writing business correspondence for recommendations, project support, and customer service purposes.
- Attending and conducting customer meetings with one-on-one presentations regarding applicable systems and analyzing incidents
- Working with Project Managers and or Change Requester's to develop project scopes, estimates, milestones, and timelines.
- Acting as technical resource for all assigned work and technical escalation point for assigned support issues.
- Implementing and maintaining ESXi firmware / patches to meet the organization's current and future requirements.
- Support ESXi / UCS computer systems that include VMware and Cisco UCS daily
- Providing second level support. This requires resolution of user involved incidents that involve ESXi expertise.
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving ESXi system problems, performance issues, and resource allocation.
- Interacting and coordinating with vendors for incident resolution as needed.
- Shift Pattern will be either Sun to Thurs or Tues to Sat 8 hours per day evening shift. The hours are 1130 to 8:30 EST No on call required.
- 5+ years of overall experience as a VMware ESXi Systems Administrator in a large-scale distributed environment
- 3+ years of experience administering Cisco Unified Computing System 'UCS' Domains
- 5+ years of experience in the following is required:
- Unix / Microsoft Windows basic understanding
- Knowledge of Cisco UCS, HP Blade technologies, Systems Insight Mgr. (SIM) Management
- Basic Understanding of Symantec Antivirus, NetBackup, ESM Administration
- VMware VCOPS toolset
- Proficient in writing technical documentation
- Strong Experience in Deploying and Operating ESX and Windows at the SA level with a strong bias towards automated deployment and operations experiences.
- Experience of Networking / Storage concept - Scale IO, NAS, SAN
- Understanding of Site Reliability Engineering 'SRE' principles
- Development scripting a must - Python
This position requires candidates that are a US Citizen or Green Card Holder. At this time no Corp to Corp relationships will be considered for this opportunity.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer