Senior Technical Accounting Manager (SK27632)
Our client is a leading global manufacturing company located on the Loop and they are looking for a Senior Technical Accounting Manager to join their team. The company is rapidly growing and with such a growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for advancement within the organization. The company boasts a team-oriented culture, a modern and laid-back office environment, competitive benefits, and prides themselves on providing their employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed.
The Senior Technical Accounting Manager will manage the company’s technical accounting function and serve as a US GAAP subject matter expert on certain projects. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• The Technical Accounting Manager will perform research and analysis on complex technical accounting and reporting issues.
• Researching US GAAP and applicable SEC rules and regulations to resolve and document the accounting and reporting for complex technical issues.
• Drives the implementation of new accounting pronouncements and the development of the related internal financial policies.
• Monitor changes in the accounting environment and proactively research and assess the impact of new accounting guidance on the company’s financial statements.
• Research, evaluate, discuss and document technical accounting implications of complex and non-standard transactions (for example: acquisitions, divestitures, compensation program designs, hedging transactions, debt transactions, intangible asset valuations, fair value determinations, segment realignments, and the adoption of new accounting pronouncements).
• Maintain compliance with all internal control procedures surrounding technical accounting and policy.
• Support the company’s external auditors performing quarterly reviews and the annual audit with respect to technical accounting issues.
• Prepares training to support the implementation of new pronouncements and the roll-out of new policies.
• Serve as technical resource to other areas of the company.
• The Senior Technical Accounting Manager will participate in special projects as required.