Senior Tax Manager (SK28598)
Our client is a reputable insurance company that is looking for a Senior Tax Manager to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity working with the company’s growing investment group. With a growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the organization. The company boasts a team-oriented culture, great work/life balance, long-tenured employees, competitive benefits, and provides their employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed.
The Senior Tax Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing tax initiatives and strategies related to the investment portfolio. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Senior Tax Manager develop, research, assess and enable new strategies for the investments department.
- Monitor investment trends and changes in tax law to identify potential new opportunities and strategies.
- Provide leverage to the investment department so they can focus on transaction underwriting, execution and portfolio monitoring and management.
- Lead the identification and resolution of key issues in a timely and effective manner; including with respect to the structuring of new or complex investments.
- Assess and help others understand the impact of portfolio turnover and holding period on economic returns.
- Advise on tax consequences and potential pitfalls of proposed investments and transactions.
- The Senior Tax Manager will assist with other special projects as needed.