CSI is currently looking for a Senior Tax Accountant for a client in the Largo, FL area.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Collects appropriate data and prepares federal, state, and local reports and tax returns. Calculates Depreciation on a continuous basis and maintain fixed asset schedules throughout year and at year end.
- Distributes expenditures, encumbrances, receipts, and receivables according to schedules.
- Performs research on tax matters and renders opinions based on written code and regulations. Participation in Tax Planning recognizing potential risks
- Performs statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes, and writes narrative reports explaining findings.
- Oversee and track all company taxes including Federal Corporate, State Corporate, Sales, Tangible, Premium, Excise and all other taxes
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers
- Ability to read legal documents and/or closing documents and to report them correctly for tax purposes
- Monitors compliance with tax code and with company procedures
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports
- Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures
- Designs and maintains pro formas for current and proposed contracts to determine pricing and profitability
- Understanding of amortization and goodwill as it relates to tax and financial statements
- Preparing Tax workpapers and working with tax software to complete tax returns
A minimum five (5) years of accounting experience.
- Corporate tax, as well as, Sales and Use tax preparation experience required.
- Ultra-Tax Software Experience preferred.
- A Master’s Degree in Taxation is preferred.