Senior Tax Accountant (SK28744)
Our client is a successful professional services firm that is currently looking for a Senior Tax Accountant to join their team. This position will provide the opportunity to obtain a broad based knowledge in all areas of tax. With a large and growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the organization. The company boasts a team-oriented culture, great work/life balance, excellent benefits package and provides its’ employees with competitive benefits and equips them with the tools and training necessary to succeed.
The Senior Tax Accountant will focus on tax compliance, and planning and analysis. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Senior Tax Accountant will actively participate in the quarterly and annual provision process.
- Provide first review of partnership tax return workpapers and identify key tax issues that have not been identified by other team members.
- Responsible for organized documentation of company tax positions.
- Perform research and analysis of critical tax issues and summarize findings for the tax group.
- Prepare federal and state tax filings for partnerships and a few corporations.
- Request foreign bank account information from clients and prepare FBAR filings.
- Educate other teams through trainings as new tax reform topics and other tax issues become relevant.
- Collaborate with the IT team to produce and implement new technology and procedures that will increase efficiency in the tax return preparation process.
- Prepare notice responses issued by taxing authorities and assist with any federal, state and local tax return audits.
- The Senior Tax Accountant will assist with other duties and special projects as assigned.