Senior Structured Finance Deal Transaction Manager
Global Capital Markets
Wilmington Trust is seeking a transaction manager to assist its efforts in negotiating and closing ABS/RMBS transactions as well as creating a market presence. This position will report to the Head of Transaction Management and will work with industry professionals to develop relationships necessary to drive new business to Wilmington Trust. This position will work with administrative support groups, relationship management, product development and risk management to effectively negotiate contracts while maintaining control. This position will have day-to-day interaction with clients and external service partners. Two key aspects will be the assignment of new and/or high impact clients, as well as the development and delivery of innovative products and/or services.
- Primary role is to negotiate transaction deal documents and facilitate deal closings in a timely manner. The transaction manager will serve as a centralized deal manager for internal operational and support groups. This includes working with each group to ensure documents standards are met and appropriate provisions and protections for WTNA are built into each transaction.
- The transaction manager will have some market presence and may meet with clients and attend some conferences as deemed appropriate.
- The transaction manager will assist sales with business development initiatives and coordination of deal structures depending on asset types.
- Responsible for onboarding of accounts of significant intricacy, complexity, level of risk and annual fee generation.
- Review, analyze and comment on all operative documents pertaining to assigned accounts.
- Evaluate fees for suitability and conformance with fee schedules.
- Research and resolve issues related to all aspects of assigned accounts.
- Collaborate with other parties, including but not limited to attorneys, financial advisors, interested parties and alliance/service partners.
- The candidate must effectively prioritize tasks and projects while maintaining a focus on control.
Minimum Qualifications Required
Bachelor's degree and 5 years client service experience or in lieu of a degree 9 years related experience.
Must have prior ABS and/or MBS deal negotiation experience
Demonstrates a high level of proficiency in the use of computers and software applications (such as Microsoft Office)
Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, interpret, and comment on legal documents.
MBA or JD
Corporate Trust ABS/RMBS transaction experience
Familiarity with corporate structures, relevant laws and regulations.
The position resides within Wilmington Trust’s Global Capital Markets group, with potential locations in Baltimore, Minneapolis or Wilmington, DE.
At M&T, we strive to be the best place our employees ever work, the best bank our customers ever do business with and the best investment our shareholders ever make. So when looking to advance your career, look to M&T. As a top 20 US bank holding company and one of the best performing regional banks in the country, we offer a wide range of performance based career development opportunities for talented professionals. And through our longstanding tradition of careful, conservative and consistent management and a strong commitment to the communities we serve, we continue to grow with a focus on the future.
Job Posting: Oct 19, 2018, 12:00:38 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing