Senior Staff Accountant - Real Estate / Property Accounting
Awesome opportunity to join a company that is still in infancy and positioned for substantial growth! The Senior Staff Accountant will provide accounting and financial support for the company and their real estate holdings . Primary responsibilities include monthly property accounting and reporting, general ledger maintenance and preparation of financial reports. The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for the maintenance of fiscal records, assisting with the preparation of financial reports, along with general accounting and budgetary controls as they relate to the organization and the organization’s properties.
The Staff Property Accountant will report directly to the Finance/Accounting Manager. The Finance/Accounting Manager has a reputation for being an excellent mentor/developer of talent!
- Maintain general ledger activity, create and post journal entries, reconcile inter-company activity, and support month-end closing activities for multiple entities in keeping with GAAP and company policy.
- Preparation and reconciliation of monthly supporting work papers.
- Reporting on the financial status and progress of individual properties. Working closely with the property management team, summarize and provide regular and timely reviews of financial and operational metrics.
- Preparing pro-forma financial statements that outline the organization’s financial position based on past and present property operations. Summarizing and interpreting the results of property activity.
- Developing and maintaining a model for analyzing and reporting on property costs. Assist in the development of financial ownership and fiscal awareness among management and operations.
- Preparing property budgets and subsequent budget revisions to ensure compliance with company policy.
- Developing and updating the financial forecasts for properties based on past results as well as current assessments. Conduct trend analyses to predict the financial outcomes of projects. Alert the organization to potential cost over-runs.
- Maintaining effective financial controls, procedures and policies to ensure process integrity.