The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia is one of the 12 regional Reserve Banks that, together with the Board of Governors in Washington, D.C., make up the Federal Reserve System. It helps formulate and implement monetary policy, supervises banks and bank and savings and loan holding companies, and provides financial services to depository institutions and the federal government. The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia serves eastern and central Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey, and Delaware.
Briefs and counsels CC/CRA and Outreach officers, Reserve Bank senior management, and System management on topics concerning bank supervision and regulation of consumer protection activities. Advises department management on highly complex supervisory issues related to consumer protection regulations and proposed changes to those regulations. Plays a leading role in training, implementing and ensuring compliance with examination procedures and System guidance. Independently anticipates supervisory and regulatory issues of concern to the Reserve Bank.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes a leadership role in the planning, development and implementation of strategies and programs to ensure that the unit's supervision and outreach functions operate in accordance with Reserve Bank and System goals and requirements;
- Reviews examination reports and associated documentation as part of the unit's quality control initiatives and provides feedback, mentoring and training to unit members to improve performance;
- Participates in the unit's outreach activities, including:
- Creation and delivery of presentations on consumer protection laws and regulations and examination procedures for bank and bank holding company staff and boards, other regulators, consumers, and other related parties;
- Writing/editing articles for Consumer Compliance Outlook;
- Represents the unit on Reserve Bank, System, or interagency work groups and/or Advisory Boards related to consumer compliance, as needed, including Consumer Compliance Outlook;
- Briefs and counsels senior management on consumer protection regulations and the unit's implementation of examination procedures;
- Advises unit staff of trends and emerging issues pertaining to consumer protection regulations;
- Demonstrates effective SRC core competency skills for grade and position;
- Complies with all applicable security policies guidelines and practices; and
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to be considered.