Senior Revenue Accountant
We are seeking a Senior Accountant for our Global Revenue Operations (GRO) team to be responsible for supporting the monthly and quarterly accounting close cycles associated with complex revenue arrangements. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing best in class support to the Business Unit operations and finance teams on their forecasted and actual revenues. This position will be responsible for preparing reconciliations and related analysis of all accounts (revenue, def revenue, costs, deferred costs, etc.) monthly as well as assisting with defining and creating operating procedures and participating in business process improvement initiatives.
The qualified candidate will report to the Revenue Operations Manager, Global Revenue Operations, and will work closely with other members of the GRO team as well as other groups, such as Sales and Operations managers, Divisional Finance, Technical Revenue Accounting, and Order-To-Cash.
- Develop and execute analytical procedures to understand and explain variances from expectations on account balances and transactional activity.
- Skilled in the ability to import and export large amounts of data
- Support external statutory reporting requirements as needed.
- Maintain appropriate internal controls and support external audit activities and audit preparation.
- Provide management and business unit operations and finance teams with financial reporting information and operational support.
Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
- Bachelors degree in Accounting / Finance
Minimum years of work experience:
- 5+ years of accounting experience in a publicly traded company and/or public accounting firm.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
- Bachelor's in Accounting / Finance
- Skilled in ERP Systems, Oracle e-Business Suite, including GL, OM, AR, and Projects is preferred.