ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF):
Leads the development and implementation of client strategy and vision by leading the Key Private Bank relationship team in the identification and prioritization of critical client financial issues and advocating solutions that lead to the attainment of the clients' financial aspirations and lifetime goals. Becomes the primary client advisor and optimizes client relationships, providing pertinent financial advice to meet client needs by positioning and selling a broad array of appropriate financial products and services. Identifies/refers cross- marketing opportunities to fulfill specialized needs. Develops centers of influence in the market that can be leveraged into profitable relationships. Develops strategic relationships with all Key lines of business in order to effectively refer business and leverage partnerships to deepen and enrich the client experience. Is an astute and savvy competitor maintaining knowledge of strengths and weaknesses and product offerings and pricing of the competition. This position collaborates and performs as part of the relationship management team to execute the client strategy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Relationship Manager will be responsible for functions that align with the wealth sales process in daily work to create a constructive client experience. This includes:
- Maintains and expands current client relationships.
- Develops and maintains an in- depth knowledge of financial wealth management services and products as well as knowledge of competitors and competitive products.
- Leads, coordinates, and assembles advisory team based on client needs. Acts as lead and/or client advocate/ representative on assembled team.
- Employs and maintains a disciplined approach to prospecting and the client review process using designated tracking tools to document progress on implementation of client strategies.
- Builds a prospect referral pipeline by leveraging referrals from internal and external sources.
- Actively participates in Community organizations to source business development opportunities and demonstrate Key's commitment to the local community.
- Proactively provides client solutions by contacting leads identified in the Desktop.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of client's needs, based on the review and analysis of personal and business financial data gathered through Relationship Reviews, the Desktop and personal meetings.
- Determines client needs and opportunities using the 13 wealth issues approach.
- Delivers distinctive service by completing annual relationship reviews with all 'focus' clients, consistently updates the Desktop with current client data, call summaries, etc.
- Brings other relationship management team partners to the table to deepen the relationship based upon need and assessment.
- Prepares and delivers client presentations, individually and as part of a team, presenting appropriate financial solutions via consultative review and proactive contact.
- Promotes and cross- markets products and services to clients by keeping clients informed of products and services.
- Actively listens to concerns, presents a clear concise picture and provides the client with targeted solutions to close the sale.
- Presents at seminars internally for Key as well as for external organizations.
- Maintains ongoing contact with new clients to ensure a consistently positive experience with Key.
- Aggressively grows and maintains a high net worth profitable book of business by successfully closing and maintaining deals to meet or exceed individual and District revenue, contribution, fee income, loans and deposit goals.
- Maintains all banking products, including credit while mitigating risk.
- This position is responsible for either meeting or exceeding assigned individual sales goals which can include expanding existing client business, referrals and or new business growth.
- Eight plus years of demonstrated sales and business development experience with proven results.
- Demonstrated expert functional knowledge of Investments, Trust and Credit; ability to advise.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of financial products and banking regulations.
- Demonstrated strong client advisory skills.
- Demonstrated experience with and broad understanding of personal and commercial financial statements.
- Proven experience with and comprehensive understanding of consumer or commercial lending.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Undergraduate degree in business related field or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient in personal computer applications to drive results.
Employees in this job are required to comply with all rules and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act). Employees hired or transferring into this position will need to meet the qualification requirements, in Key's sole discretion, under Reg. Z, prior to acting as a loan originator in a consumer credit transaction secured by a dwelling. Qualification requirements include but are not limited to an assessment of overall financial responsibility, character, and general fitness through review of a criminal background check, credit report, and information about any administrative, civil, or criminal findings by any government jurisdiction.
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Key Community Bank serves individuals and small to midsized businesses from Maine to Alaska through our 15-state network of over 1,200 branches, 1,500 ATMs, telephone banking and robust online and mobile platforms. KeyBank’s Consumer/Business Banking segment provides consumers and small business owners with straightforward banking solutions and personal finance expertise that helps them make confident financial decisions today and plan for tomorrow. Key Private Bank offers wealth planning that follows a consistent, disciplined approach guided by objective advice based on each unique situation. KeyBank Commercial Bank offers midsize business financial services that drive growth and profitability and help business owners identify new opportunities with products and services including deposit, cash management, investment services, commercial lending, equipment leasing, and asset-based lending.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.