The Senior Regulatory Compliance Officer administers and implements the compliance program for the US Group to reduce exposure to regulatory sanctions and fines; consumer litigation; damage to its reputation and/or loss of charter. Develops, implements and maintains the compliance program of Amerant Bank, N.A. Relocation assistnace offerd.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- In conjunction with the Consumer Compliance Manager and the Consumer Compliance Risk and Policy Manager, the Consumer Compliance Officer serves as the focal point for the development and implementation of compliance policy to be followed by all levels of management and staff, including the duties and procedures performed by the business unit compliance liaisons. The Consumer Compliance Officer must be a person of high integrity, and any other duties the officer has should not be in conflict with the compliance goals. Coordination and communication are the key functions of the Consumer Compliance Officer with regard to planning, implementing, and monitoring the compliance program.
- Act in a leadership capacity to implement new/amended regulations for AMERANT, coordinating project teams of all levels of management and staff. Recommend and oversee the development of new and revised compliance policy and internal controls. Assure new policies, controls and procedures are fully implemented, effective and efficient.
- Act as subject matter expert for new and existing laws and regulations to provide guidance, training and opinions to all levels of management and staff. Research and analyze laws and regulations. Prepare written and verbal opinions. Communicate regulatory changes throughout the organization.
- Independently investigate and act on matters related to compliance, including the flexibility to design and coordinate internal investigations (e.g., responding to reports of problems, tips, or suspected violations) and any resulting corrective actions with all levels of management and staff and the vendors of MB.
- Perform Compliance Reviews based on the Compliance Monitoring Program to detect violations of law or noncompliance with internal procedures. Create monitoring procedures, document work papers, and issue formal reports for the Compliance Committee and Board Audit Committee. Recommend required corrective action and monitor timely completion of action plans
- Report on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Compliance Committee and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Develop, initiate, maintain and revises policies and procedures for the general operations of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct and violations of law.
- Develop content and provide training sessions on regulatory compliance issues based on the Compliance Training Program to officers and employees.
- Perform compliance risk assessments of new or enhanced products and services and coordinate with business and operations on implementation of same as well new and amended regulation.
- Review and approve for compliance all new advertisements and marketing campaigns, including print media and the websites.
- Performs a review of HMDA Data Integrity on a quarterly basis in order to ascertain that loan information was captured in an accurate manner for the annual transmittal of the Bank's HMDA LAR. Advises officers as well as CRA Officer of any errors committed when collecting HMDA information and provides refresher training as required to affected staff members. Creates a report of all pricing and underwriting exceptions approved by management which is then reported to the Consumer Compliance Committee on a quarterly basis.
Minimum Education and/or Certifications Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required. Bachelor in Business Administration or Liberal Arts preferred.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) certification desired.
- Seven years of experience in regulatory compliance required in lieu of education.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
Five years of experience in a regulatory compliance required. Same years of experience in compliance focused Internal Audit, Risk, Loan Review or regulatory agency may also qualify.
Technical and/or Other Essential Knowledge:
- Presentation, negotiation and training skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, loan and retail operations and documentation, and banking products.
- General knowledge of demographics and statistical analysis.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and time management skills.
- Auditing skills helpful.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the corporate structure of the Group and members of the Compliance unit.