Senior Real Estate Loan Underwriter – 100% Remote Potential!
About the Company and Opportunity:
• Our client is proud to be one of the nation’s largest credit union serving the healthcare and biomedical industry.
- Due to growth, they are hiring a Senior Real Estate Loan Underwriter in Rockville Maryland. The pay is $30 - $33 and hour and for the right candidate will become permanent with a yearly salary of $75,000 - $85,000. This position starts remotely with the possibility to be 100% remote depending on the candidate’s location!
- The company has a high sense of community and values teamwork
- Employees participate in community outreach and active volunteer programs
- The company is known for investing in their employees and promoting from within
- They offer excellent benefits, including: 401K, team member discounts, company-paid healthcare, career advancement, flexible spending account, and highly competitive base salaries
- Some of the employee reviews, include things like:
- “Great benefits and advancement opportunities.”
- “Great environment!!! No more to say!!!! They work with you to make sure your happy and comfortable in your position. It's always pleasant to go into work because we have continuous training which keeps you up to speed about wants going on in the industry.”
Overview of the Senior Loan Underwriter role:
• To underwrite, analyze and review all 1st & 2nd trust mortgage loan files submitted for decision in order to assess the risk, confirm compliance with guidelines, and render a credit decision. To be a leader within the department and to help Management achieve department goals and objectives.
Preferred Qualifications for the Senior Real Estate Loan Underwriter:
A Bachelor’s degree in a pertinent field preferred and 3 to 5 years of equivalent experience in the area of underwriting conventional first mortgage loans and second mortgage loans.
• Must demonstrate a working knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC guidelines.
• Must demonstrate a working knowledge of Mortgage Insurance guidelines.
• Must demonstrate the ability to conduct a detailed review of a loan file, analyze an applicant’s financial position, and evaluate the risk based on the loan profile under the terms requested
• Effective communication via telephone, e-mail or fax.
• Analytical decision-making ability with attention to detail.
• Ability to learn and work in a fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize work as required.
• PC proficient to include: Word, Excel, Outlook, internet, and e-mail.
• Working knowledge of mortgage loan origination systems and processing software (Mortgagebot, FICS).