Senior Portfolio Officer - Houston, Texas
Responsible for the overall management of the Commercial and Middle Market loan portfolio. Responsibility includes the origination process, portfolio management and the ongoing monitoring of asset quality of complex transactions.
• Responsible for coordinating and streamlining Credit Process in the nCino platform in order to facilitate the approval process. Reports to Portfolio Manager all Process issues found in this area.
• Responsible for administrating and monitoring the 30+ day delinquencies, risk rating process (CARs), as well as assisting in the identifying red flags or problems within the portfolio. Reports to Portfolio Manager all portfolio issues found in these areas.
• Conduct analysis/underwriting functions, as needed, at the Origination stage of new credit requests and Annual review on existing customers and complex structured transactions.
• Responsible for monitoring exceptions, covenant and delinquent reports on a weekly basis. Reports to Portfolio Manager all portfolio issues and irregularities found in these reports.
• Responsible for initiation of BSA Lending due diligence process, and validate Borrower's ownership is documented properly, Adverse Media, Lexis Nexus and OFAC searches have been completed and any issue has been addressed accordingly.
• On-going review of future maturities for timely disposition.
• Respond to any customer inquiries regarding loan payments, transactional accounts and financial reporting, and back-up Lender's.
• Provide support on new business activities by screening preliminary data and follow up in obtaining required documentation on complex transactions.
• Identify, track and monitor loan policy exceptions, review credits with loan covenants and verify compliance.
• Coordinate delinquent loan monitoring of assigned portfolio recommend appropriate action. Report status to Portfolio Manager.
• Prepare Commitment Letters for accuracy and consistency with credit services/underwriting recommendations.
• Attend seminars and training sessions to keep abreast of changing regulations, as well as industry/market trends and conditions.
• Provide assistance in other areas within the department, as required, covering during vacation or absenteeism.
Minimum Education and/or Certifications Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and formal credit training required.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
Seven years of professional experience in lending field, credit analysis/underwriting of loans. Knowledge of Bank documentation and other Bank products.
Technical and/or Other Essential Knowledge:
Thorough understanding of Amerant's credit and lending policy and procedures. Accounting and credit principles. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required; experience in PowerPoint is a plus. nCino, AS/400 Fiserv and/or Datapro experience is a plus. Sound time management and organizational skills required. Well organized and systematic. Must possess strong communication skills.
Functional Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
Must be a team player, have the ability to work under pressure, have a professional image and be able to resolve problems and conflicts. Must be able to prioritize work and effectively manage time. Must possess basic business communications skills such as advanced writing, listening and have basic office and mathematics skills, and customer service skills. Possession of professional skills such as report writing, basic statistics, effective presentation skills and creative skills are required. Must possess Delegation and Grid Development skills as well as supervisory, decision making, motivational and coaching skills. Must be able to effectively hire, discipline and manage assigned workforce as well as conduct performance evaluations.