By partnering with Relationship Managers here at Key, who currently manages the banking relationships with our clients, you will serve as the client's trusted advisor for cash management solutions in order to develop, manage and retain profitable client relationships. Deliver subject matter expertise to client and prospects. Responsible for prospecting independently for new Treasury Management clients by utilizing consultative and strategic sales skills. Accountability for and contribute to the team's overall portfolio growth.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Create and execute a sales and marketing strategy that achieves established market penetration, cross-sell, revenue and client acquisition goals.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with the Relationship Managers at Key to acquire expand and retain business clients who have treasury Management needs.
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to lead the prospecting charge for new client acquisitions and be viewed as part of the deal team when going in for the sale. Partner with Relationship Managers in performing strategic dialogs to turn prospects into clients.
- Serve as the trusted advisor for clients with cash management needs to develop, manage and retain profitable client relationships.
- Effectively identify client needs and provide solutions, and participate in various aspects of client management, in-person client calling, and relationship reviews for clients.
- Manage portfolio to deepen existing relationships through proactive identification of integrated solutions to unmet client needs. Partner with Relationship Manager's in identifying opportunities for clients and prospects. Build and maintain strong networks with Centers of Influence (COI's).
- Collaborate with Relationship Managers to stay up to date on client relationships and maintain fluid communication with internal partners to provide seamless service to clients.
- Working with Sales Analyst, effectively prepare sales presentations, relationship reviews, business process reviews providing comprehensive recommendations based on client cash management needs.
- Utilize industry expertise, conduct cash management external speaker's series and seminars, in accordance with KeyBank’s vertical strategy.
- Record accurate, relevant and a current account of sales activities in Salesforce.
Act with sense of urgency to respond to client and partner requests.
- Leverage Implementation team and client management team ensuring superior on-boarding and excellent client experience. Accountable for appropriate documentation execution.
- Be viewed as the subject matter expert on all Treasury Management needs within area of responsibility. Represent the organization at various industry conferences, regional events, regional business meetings, local and regional market functions, and with regional centers of influence both internally and externally.
- Ability to speak at Treasury Management and industry segment events
- Adhere to all Risk policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree or similar work experience
- A minimum of 7 years cash management consultative sales experience, or a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a related field selling FinTech solutions – such as ERP, Tax Automation, Expense Management, etc.
- Proven track record of over performance
- Self-motivated and ability to participate effectively in a highly collaborative work team
- Demonstrated ability to influence C-Suite level and present transformative business solutions, ROI and value propositions
- Expertise in the complete cash/treasury management solutions set is desired, but not required, as is the ability to effectively utilize consultative and strategic solution selling skills and deliver products and services by defining needs and match the value proposition
- Knowledge and understanding of principles and practices associated with analysis of business operations and understanding of how finance departments work
- Knowledge and understanding of financial concepts, payment processing, commercial banking operations and supply chain management is an advantage
- Proven ability to grasp complex businesses and understand processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to travel 25% within the local market
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Key Corporate Bank is a full-service corporate and investment bank focused principally on serving the needs of middle market clients in seven industry sectors: consumer, energy, healthcare, industrial, public sector, real estate, and technology. Key Corporate Bank delivers a broad product suite of banking and capital markets products to its clients, including syndicated finance, debt and equity capital markets, commercial payments, equipment finance, commercial mortgage banking, derivatives, foreign exchange, financial advisory, and public finance.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.