Creative Financial Staffing has partnered with publicly traded Pharmaceutical Company based in Needham, MA to identify a Senior Manager of SEC Reporting, Technical Accounting & SOX Compliance. This position that is open due to a promotion.
Highlights of the Senior Manager of SEC Reporting, Technical Accounting & SOX Compliance Opportunity:
• Our client launched their first drug to the market in Q4 of 2018.
• The company has substantially built their overall infrastructure to support the commercial launch.
• This is a highly visible role that will serve as a key partner to the commercial and accounting/finance leadership teams. The Senior Manager will assume key role working collaboratively across the Finance team and the Company to enhance its reporting capabilities.
• Reporting to the Assistant Corporate Controller, the Senior Manager will be primarily responsible for financial reporting (internally and externally) and leading technical accounting efforts.
• This is a great opportunity into the company in their infant stage as a commercial company. There is a lot of latitude in the development of the position.
Responsibilities of the Senior Manager of SEC Reporting, Technical Accounting & SOX Compliance include but are not limited to:
• Drive the preparation of all aspects of SEC filings (10K, 10Q, 8K, etc.)
• Serve as the primary technical accounting resource – research and implement accounting standards to complex business transactions.
• Lead implementation efforts and ongoing monitoring of new accounting pronouncements and develop the related accounting policy;
• Author quarterly technical accounting memorandum summarizing U.S. General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and SEC changes relevant to the Company’s financial reporting.
• Prepare calculations for stock-based compensation accounting and expense reporting and assists with the administration of the Company’s stock-based/equity awards system and ESPP, including the documentation of the related SOX controls and process;
• Coordinate with professional service providers to lead the ongoing maintenance of the Company’s internal controls framework in compliance with SOX requirements around financial reporting;
• Establish, develop and maintain expert working knowledge and control of the Company’s SEC reporting application tool and ensures XBRL compliance;