Senior Manager of Internal Audit (SK28545)
Our client is a rapidly growing company conveniently located on the Loop and they are currently looking for a Senior Manager of Internal Audit to join their team. With a large and growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement throughout the company. The company boasts a team-oriented culture with a great track record for internal promotion, employee satisfaction, and great benefits. They pride themselves on being able to provide their employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed.
The Senior Manager of Internal Audit will be responsible for a variety of audit functions including SOX, operational, financial and compliance audits. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- The Senior Manager of Internal Audit will examine records, documents, transactions and methods for accuracy to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Inspect accounting systems to determine their efficiency and protective value.
- Lead audit engagements and SOX requirements to determine if appropriate internal controls have been adequately designed and are operating effectively.
- Oversee SOX audit program, including managing SOX personnel and reviewing SOX workpapers and other deliverables. Manage the transition of SOX responsibilities to internal audit staff.
- Analyze data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures.
- Develop new audit programs as situations dictate.
- Ensure timely and effective accomplishment of goals/plans with internal audits and SOX testing.
- Partner with audit leadership to provide the audit committees and business unit leadership reliable information on the state of internal controls, SOX compliance, and risks.
- Lead and/or participate in a variety of other critical tasks and initiatives, special assurance reviews, continuous audits, fraud investigation, consulting reviews and department process improvement efforts.
- The Senior Manager of Internal Audit will perform other duties as needed.