Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Manager, you will review and handle US GAAP financial accounting and reporting requirements, internal and external, for non-US Income Taxes. You will also demonstrate knowledge of US GAAP rules governing accounting of Income Taxes as provided for under ASC 740, and US corporate tax principles. You will also have a working knowledge of non-US tax regimes, and US GAAP rules governing the US accounting for non-US operations. For this position, it also requires awareness of all governmental/lender imposed deadlines, as well as internal deadlines including but not limited to those imposed by corporate accounting for financial reporting and the establishment of a work plan for timely completion.
You will lead a team of tax professionals in the US and work with a team in foreign jurisdictions to complete the financial reporting tasks required in the job function. Also, you will be responsible for monitoring and tracking global non-U.S. tax compliance engagements as well as related billings. Additional responsibilities include support to the Director, International Reporting and VP, Tax Compliance & Reporting in other tax compliance and reporting matters, and assisting with the global execution and strategy necessary to efficiently and timely achieve the department's filing and reporting obligations.
More specifically, you will:
- Perform all US GAAP, lender, internal financial reporting matters for the company specific to accounting for non-US income taxes as assigned.
- Liaise with foreign offices and foreign hotel properties to obtain information required for financial reporting purposes.
- Implement the grouping and assignment of tasks, while ensuring optimal allocation of resources.
- Assist with data collection and tax calculation for foreign jurisdictions to meet US GAAP standards and accomplish efficient tax reporting processes.
- Handle annual foreign provision processes, preparation and review of applicable financial statement tax footnotes and effective tax rate components.
- Review consolidation of non-U.S. current tax and non-U.S. deferred tax balances.
- Completion of various components of quarterly provisions.
- Effectively execute the company's foreign creditable tax position and maintain IRS exam audit ready support for all creditable taxes.
- Lead US-based team members and provide mentorship to all members within the International Tax Reporting function.
- Work with direct reports on goals to assist in accomplishing department initiatives and their own career objectives.
- Assist in figuring out staffing needs and recruiting, selecting, hiring, training, and developing team members.
- Assist the Director in the approval, tracking, monitoring and payment of tax vendor invoices.
- Assist with implementation of a new tax provision software.
- Collaborate with tax compliance, tax reporting, and tax technology to coordinate and streamline business processes as assigned.
- Assist with research for new transactions, understand the company's planned position for income tax purposes, and account for and document such tax positions consistent with GAAP.
- Follow tax law changes across non-US jurisdictions, and determine/analyze impact to US GAAP tax accounting positions.
What are we looking for?
For the success in this role, you will be a creative self-starter that demonstrates the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to lead and motivate a talented team
- Initiate and direct collaborative efforts of multiple teams throughout the organization
- Discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritize and implement all elements required to fulfill responsibilities
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to identify and prevent potential problems
- Solve problems effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity
- Ability to advocate and implement professional development
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BS/BA Bachelor's Degree
- Seven (7) years of professional experience
- Two (2) years of management experience
- In depth understanding of US GAAP rules
- Ability to interpret the company's books and records and transactional accounting
- In depth experience in a global (multi-jurisdiction) tax accounting function, with responsibility for non-US income tax process
- Deep understanding of the Internal Revenue Code, and demonstrate the ability to apply to the company's US GAAP financials
- Knowledge of balance sheet-focused analysis of deferred tax items
- Experience with full tax life cycle, i.e. cash tax calculations, tax provision, return to provision, etc.
- Ability to analyze complex accounting process/system for tax consequences
- Ability to research, understand, and document tax technical positions utilizing available research software (i.e. RIA, BNA, CCH)
- Computer proficiency, specifically with MS Excel and corporate financials (i.e. HFM, PeopleSoft)
- Expertise in implementing work plans through completion
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MBA or MA/MS Master's Degree
- Ten (10) years of professional experience
- Four (4) years of management experience
- Working experience with tax provision software systems (i.e., OneSource, CorpTax)
- Non-US jurisdictional tax research and reporting experience
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!