Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Manager of Corporate Planning, you will play a high impact role in global financial planning, forecasting, budgeting, and reporting on the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. Responsibilities include maintaining the long-term Corporate Model and handling the annual budget and monthly forecasting processes for key financial metrics including cash flow, Net Income, and EPS. In this role, you will gain exposure to senior finance leadership and will build relationships with business partners across the organization (e.g., Operations Finance, Business Analytics, Accounting, Tax, Treasury, Investor Relations) to develop enterprise-wide projections used in quarterly earnings and to inform long-term strategic decisions. You will also be involved in ad hoc projects and financial analyses as necessary.
More specifically, you will:
- Attend pre-close, forecast, and the CFO's monthly business review meetings and serve as the point of contact for cash and Net Income / EPS forecasting; maintain cash flow and Net Income forecast models.
- Participate in the quarterly earnings process, including the preparation of external guidance for Net Income/EPS and capital returns.
- Design and develop model efficiency improvements and work with business partners across the Company to improve overall forecast accuracy in areas including working capital forecasting.
- Work with the Director, modify and maintain the long-term Corporate Planning Model; run scenarios and ad hoc analyses as requested.
- Understand and model various M&A, capital return, and capital structure scenarios.
- Understand and reconcile internal management reporting and external (GAAP) financial documents.
- Provide data management and analytical support for the development of the annual operating budget and forecasting processes.
- Function as a resource for all inquiries related to the long-term Corporate Model.
- Interact with and assist senior corporate team members in the development of targets, assumptions, business drivers, and strategic decisions to be incorporated into the annual budget and monthly forecast.
- Perform ad hoc project analysis as assigned to support the larger Finance team.
- Drive standardization, simplification, and automation of financial reporting.
- Serve as a manager of projects, processes, contractors or other SFA-level or above team members.
What are we looking for?
We believe for success in this role, you will demonstrate the following attributes and skills:
- Strong financial modeling background via prior investment banking, consulting, or private equity experience and financial modeling training like Training The Street or Wall Street Prep
- Deep understanding of advanced corporate finance and accounting topics
- Ambitious, with the intellectual curiosity and drive to identify challenges and to independently find solutions
- Consistent track record of contributing to and growing in a position over an extended period of time; willingness to invest extra time and effort to accelerate your learning curve
- Excellent written and verbal communication and comprehension skills, including the ability to clearly explain complex analytical topics to a wide audience who may or may not be familiar with the subject matter
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Extraordinary critical thinking and quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, using well thought-out logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to exercise good judgment and decision-making skills to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and to provide recommendations for optimal solutions
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Five (5) years of overall experience in investment banking, private equity, consulting, or financial planning and analysis
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MS/MBA Master's Degree
- Seven (7) years of related work experience
- Two (2) years of managerial experience
- Chartered Financial Analyst Certificate
- Experience with Peoplesoft, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Financial Management, Essbase
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!