Our client is looking for a Senior Manager of Accounting that is responsible of helping implement SAP and work on Accounting and Finance functions.
The Manager will analyze, simplify, design, configure, test and manage implementations of best practice processes and software solutions/applications in support of business requirements established within the scope of the new system. The accountant must possess an in-depth understanding of the business across multiple functional areas and Business Units, and will aid in ensuring the multiple functional areas within Finance/Accounting are represented when building solutions. The Manager will maintain effective relationships with business resources, System Integrator (SI), and IT resources to leverage their knowledge and expertise to enable improved business processes in order to drive process optimization and simplification. This person will reporting to a VP of Finance and VP Global Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures alignment of the team across all functions as well as the user community with Accounting Finances vision of SAP Best Practice and Industry standard processes, while assessing the business individual needs, meeting commitments and building internal and external partnerships.
• Provides strong financial leadership and aids in determining the overall direction and setting of financial and transformation priorities in order to meet needs of the functions supported, including the implementation of new processes and adjustments to existing processes. Alignment and direction to be sought from key finance leaders at corporate headquarters, including the VP Global Controller.
• Leads work sessions using a variety of requirements gathering methods such as interviews, documentation analysis, surveys, site visits, and business models with executives, managers, developers and subject matter experts.
• Helps ensure requirements are aligned to project scope, objectives and strategies.
• Focuses on process analysis and re-engineering, with an understanding of technical problems and solutions as they relate to the current and future best practice business environment. (AW moved items in green to top, as this will be a focus)
• Works in partnership with other finance team leaders to articulate and socialize the case for change why Finance and a more effective operating model is critical to our success as a growing global company.
• Mediates across different IT business teams utilizing knowledge of roles and responsibilities within the organization.
• Executes best practices for business analysis processes and functions (from an industry and strategic standpoint), including requirements elicitation methods. Knows emerging trends.
• Demonstrates excellent Accounting Finance (best practice) process design skills.
• Continually build knowledge and stay abreast of current Finance SAP functionality, capabilities and technologies.
• Demonstrates excellent listening, communication, and facilitation skills.