Senior Loan Closer - Striving For the Exceptional!
About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is proud to be the nation's largest credit union serving the healthcare and biomedical industry. They have enjoyed amazing growth branching out even further to offer membership to essentially anyone working regularly in these industries in Maryland, Virginia, Washington DC, and West Virginia.
- They strive to provide their members with exceptional service, financial advice and banking solutions that exceed expectations and enhance their lives.
- They are passionate about providing affordable choices and giving people a voice in how their financial organization is managed.
- Due to growth, they are hiring a Senior Real Estate Loan Closer in Rockville Maryland. The pay is $25 and hour and for the right candidate will become permanent with a yearly salary of $52,000 - $59,000. This position starts remotely!
- The company has a high sense of community and values teamwork
- Employees participate in community outreach and active volunteer programs
- They are invested in giving back and served over 100 different charities last year
- The company is known for investing in their employees and promoting from within
- They offer excellent benefits, including: 401K, team member discounts, company-paid healthcare, career advancement, flexible spending account, and highly competitive base salaries
- Some of the employee reviews, include things like:
- 'Great benefits and advancement opportunities.'
- 'Great environment!!! No more to say!!!! They work with you to make sure your happy and comfortable in your position. It's always pleasant to go into work because we have continuous training which keeps you up to speed about wants going on in the industry.'
Overview of the Senior Loan Closer role:
- Follows up with Processing for the timely delivery of mortgage files scheduled for closing and logs in files received on the closing calendar.
- Reviews the closing conditions on the loan file and ensures that all required documentation and information needed for the loan closing is accurate and up to date, in order to clear the final conditions and work on the closing documents.
- Validates the subject property information and loan terms entered in the system with the final loan approval and inputs closing data into the LOS.
- Examines the title work, property taxes, hazard insurance amounts and any third party receipts to make sure the loan meets the company's and the applicable Investor's requirements.
- Interacts closely with management, processing, underwriting, loan officers, closing agents and borrowers, and provides updates, as needed, to achieve goals for production time, timely issued and accurate closing documents, and member satisfaction.
- Performs a Good Faith Tolerance Audit
- Audits, adjusts, and approves the final Closing Disclosure, prior to sending out to the members and settlement agents.
- Prepares and audits the wire transfer request and delivers to the Accounting Department in a timely manner to ensure the loan proceeds are wired on time.
- Prepares and reviews the closing packages, prior to sending out to the settlement agents, and ensures that the package is delivered no later than 24 hours prior to closing for refinance transactions and 48 hours - for purchase transactions.
- Carefully reviews the scanned signed closing packages e-mailed by the Settlement Agents prior to funding the loan and notifies the appropriate parties of any deficiencies found.
- Ensures that the closing loan data, fees, dates, and loan statuses in the LOS are correct on all closed loans.
- Funds any first trust mortgage loans and coordinates the delivery of the funded loan to Servicing no later than 3:00pm.
- Funds any second trust/HELOC loans and ensures the loan data transferred to Spectrum/Account Services is correct, by reviewing and adjusting the LOCH, LOX2 and MORT screens as needed. Sends out any payoff checks, if applicable.
- Tracks any missing and post-closing trailing documents and initiates any changes/corrections that are needed.
- Prepares mortgage files for delivery to the Investor, if applicable, as required by investor guidelines.
Preferred Qualifications for the Senior Real Estate Loan Closer:
- Candidates must have previous Loan Closing experience (3 years min.)
- Experience in closing and post-closing conventional 1st mortgage loans and home equity loans
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of the CFPB, Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac guidelines as well as credit union lending policies, procedures, and regulations