Senior Internal Auditor (KK27395)
Our client is a large and well-respected employer located in the Madison area. They are currently looking for a Senior Internal Auditor to join their team. With a large and growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement throughout the company. The company boasts a team-oriented culture with a great track record for internal promotion, employee satisfaction, outstanding benefits, and excellent amenities such as a fitness center and free parking! They pride themselves on being able to provide their employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed.
The Senior Auditor will be responsible for a variety of audit functions including SOX, operational and financial audits. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- The Senior Internal Auditor will examine records, documents, transactions and methods for accuracy to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Inspect accounting systems to determine their efficiency and protective value.
- Lead audit engagements and SOX requirements to determine if appropriate internal controls have been adequately designed and are operating effectively.
- Analyze data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures.
- Ensure timely and effective accomplishment of goals/plans with internal audits and SOX testing.
- Partner with audit leadership to provide the audit committees and business unit leadership reliable information on the state of internal controls, SOX compliance, and risks.
- Lead and/or participate in a variety of other critical tasks and initiatives, special assurance reviews, continuous audits, fraud investigation, consulting reviews and department process improvement efforts.
- The Senior Internal Auditor will perform other duties as needed.
- Travel <10%.