Senior Internal Auditor (CS28655)
Our client is a reputable insurance company that is looking for a Senior Internal Auditor to join their team. This position offers a lot of exposure to upper level management and will give the right candidate an opportunity to bring a fresh perspective to the team. With a large and growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for advancement within the organization. The company boasts a team-oriented culture, long-tenured employees, great work/life balance and excellent benefits. They pride themselves on providing their employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed.
The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for financial, operational, and compliance audits. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Senior Internal Auditor will examine records, documents, transactions and methods for accuracy to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Inspect accounting systems to determine their efficiency and protective value.
- Collect and analyze financial and operational data in order to test the adequacy of internal controls, verify compliance with operating procedures or regulatory requirements and evaluate the effectiveness of business processes.
- Analyze data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures.
- Prepare reports of findings and recommendations for management.
- Support Internal Audit management regarding the responsibilities, accountabilities, and initiatives of the internal audit function.
- Provide direction and evaluation for less experienced auditors and co-sourcing firms.
- The Senior Internal Auditor will assist with other special projects as needed.