I'm currently working with a very elite client located Boston, MA, who is looking to fill their Senior IT Auditor role with an outstanding candidate.
- Support the SOX-404 IT processes such as: scoping, planning, walkthroughs, testing, and status reporting.
- Conduct IT and IT-related audit projects, including analyses of business data and company systems.
- Coordinate and work with other Senior Auditors to support IT-related needs for financial and operational audits.
- Evaluate internal control and processes through detailed testing.
- Compile audit findings and recommend value-added revisions to systems and procedures.
- Communicate audit findings to management in well-written audit reports.
- Manage follow-up on open audit issues and facilitate the agreement with the business process owner to ensure timely closure of action plans.
- Communicate with external auditors and support their initiatives effectively from an IT audit standpoint.
- Understanding of network, operating system, application, and database-related controls and configurations.
- Experience with system implementations, access controls, change management, back-up and IT security-related processes.
- Ability to work independently, with limited direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team members.
- Ability to interact well with internal and external parties.
- Strong project management, analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions.
- Ability to complete projects and reports within communicated deadlines.
- Experience with Oracle, Excel, VISIO.
- Knowledge SOX, COBIT, and Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards and Practice Advisories is preferable.
Education & Experience:
- At least 2 years of experience in IT auditing or in IT-related position. Additional experience in financial and operational auditing preferred.
- Experience with Oracle, LINUX, Network environments as well as SDLC/change management-related processes and controls.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IS Management, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other IT audit-related certification preferred.