LennarSFR is the single-family rental division of Lennar Corporation. LennarSFR provides high quality, newly-built rental homes, townhomes and condos at affordable prices across the United States.
Summary of Position:
LennarSFR (LSFR) is seeking a Senior Fund Accountant to join the single-family rental investment management platform. The Senior Fund Accountant will be responsible for assisting the Investments accounting team in all financial reporting and accounting related services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the accounting, reporting and financial control functions for our single-family real estate investments.
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual close process, including journal entry input and assist with variance analysis preparation.
- Assist with preparation of financial statements and financial information for reporting to the corporate office and investment partners.
- Assist with investor-specific reporting requirements.
- Coordinate with the third-party property accountants, auditors, and tax team to assist with annual audits and tax compliance.
- Assist with monthly equity draw packages.
- Assist with cash management and preparation of wire transfer requests.
- Assist with ad hoc requests or questions from investors and internal team members.
- Assist with REIT compliance and review on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Develop, implement, and maintain appropriate financial and administrative systems and processes for LSFR.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- B.S./B.A. required
- CPA preferred
- Strong accounting/financial background
- 2+ years of Real Estate experience a plus
- REIT & IFRS experience is a plus
- Experience with fund and joint venture accounting preferred
- Advanced PC skills, including use of EXCEL
- Timberline or JD Edwards accounting software experience is a plus
- Excellent analytical and written skills
- Strong communication
- Strong work ethic, team player
- Hands-on individual
- Interact well with co-workers
- Work in a fast paced and fast changing environment
- Comply with and implement company policies and procedures
- Accept constructive criticism and direction from managers
- Work overtime when necessary
This is a position which requires the LSFR Senior Fund Accountant to be able to view computer screens, mobile devices and other electronic equipment, paper reports, and journals for extended periods of time where visual strain may result. Must be able to frequently walk, stand, and climb stairs in and around construction sites, communities, homes, models and properties. Also, must have the ability to speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 20 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary. Regular travel is required to visit communities and offices throughout the region, and to attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.