A senior finance member for a large size fund or a number of mid-smaller funds or separate accounts. Manages the work activities of an accounting team. Responsible for oversight and development of staff. Oversees the accounting and reporting requirements on fund investments including set up and accounting for complex multi-tier investment entities. Reviews monthly, quarterly and annual portfolio level consolidated financial statements and other client reporting. Responsible for oversight of fund level reporting and coordination of client equity contributions and distributions. Supports new business initiatives.
Financial Statement & Budgets:
- Reviews and verifies financial information including monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for commingled funds and separate accounts prior to submittal to client and investors.
- Produces statements and other required financial information including but not limited to investor funded and unfunded commitments, asset accrual methodology and output.
- Provides qualitative analysis and comments. Maintains shareholder registries.
- Prepares periodic financial statements and assists with audit and tax preparation and audit review.
- May review the work of junior team members. Manages portfolio budgets, forecasts and reports for clients/investors.
Monitors Financial Performance:
- Monitors financial performance, provides a forward-looking view and strategic advice to the executive leadership team.
- Compiles and analyzes detailed data. Reviews periodic P&L calculations at the fund and investor levels
- Manages and operates the treasury/ cash management function and ensures an adequate accounting function of the product. Reviews system prepared reports and supporting schedules for accuracy.
- Reviews and signs-off on fund level bank account reconciliations.
- Assists in discussion with banks and financial institutions, assist with handling financing arrangements and execution of loan agreements.
- Maintains relationships with external parties,
New Business Participation & Structuring:
- May participate in new business proposals.
- Manages capital request and budgeting progress, reviewing new contracts and business opportunities.
- Manages financial transactions related to new business proposals.
- Assists on structuring investments and raising capital.
- May review junior team member's work product, including NAV calculations, financial packages, to ensure its complete, accurate and timely release to internal departments and external clients.
- Is a contact point for investors.
- Feeds data for client presentations.
- May design and prepare presentations on financials. Reviews/prepares IRR and performance models.
- Participates and/or leads all aspects of internal and external property and client transitions.
- Works with other internal teams in handling special requirements as defined in the Management Agreement and scope of services in the Financial Services Agreement.
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.