The Senior Financial Planning Analyst is responsible for highly complex studies, reports, and analyses in areas such as budgets, financial modeling, forecasts and financial plans. Analyzes key business trends, actual versus plan variances, as well as other financial indicators, in order to develop presentations to influence decisions.
- Collaborate with business partners across business units to classify, quantify, and/or forecast business metrics & risks by providing reliable, accurate, comparable and timely information.
- Define and build internal processes to consolidate FP&A support across all business units.
- Prepare monthly management reporting packages that includes analysis of key business trends and actual versus plan variances, including comprehensive explanations of differences as well as the impact of business drivers to budget/forecast.
- Support automation and enterprise consolidation of data used in monthly, quarterly, and annual performance reports.
- Assess quality and integrity of data collected, analysis performed, and reports generated.
- Run simulations on various 'what-if' scenarios using insight and critical thinking to evaluate and recommend solutions.
- Assist in developing forecasting models.
- Collect budget, quarterly and midyear forecasts and other financial information; interpret, summarize, and upload forecast information to financial systems to provide information about profit and loss.
- Develop financial controls, procedures, systems, and forecasting techniques to evaluate contract/program status and ensure compliance with government and customer requirements. Identify additional requirements or necessary changes and develop and implement appropriate course of action.
- Articulate findings on a regular basis to management.
- Design, develop and produce standard monthly, quarterly, and annual performance analytics.
- Produce routine and ad hoc financial operational models to support senior management in decision making.
- Develop and implement process or procedural changes, including training documentation and presentation to other organizations.
- Collaborate with other departments and/or client in special projects as required.
- Promote the Company's mission, vision, objectives and strategies, offering and receiving feedback, and leading others.
- Comply with all Company policies and administrative processes.
- Support the CFO and Controller in other functions as deemed necessary, based on the Company's evolution.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- MBA preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of FP&A experience.
- CFA, FP&A, CPA certification preferred.