NEW EXCITING PERMANENT SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST OPPORTUNITY!
Seeking a seasoned Senior Financial Analyst to join the Finance team of a rapidly growing company!
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for managing a team of 4-5 financial analysts. They will exercise credit union policies, procedures and controls to the accounting/finance department. This is a hands-on role that requires high-level analysis in addition to streamlining processes and creating efficiencies.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance or related work experience.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong analytic, financial modeling and reporting skills.
- Ability to work with advanced spreadsheets, general ledger accounting systems, and other general technology such as report writers and budget software.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements.
- Responsible for the ALM model, assumptions, and reports.
- Provides robust statistical analytics to support portfolio modeling, member behavior, pricing sensitivity, pricing studies. Continuously improves analytical capability of the team to provide insightful and relevant recommendations to drive business decision making.
- Reviews financial statements and related comprehensive analyses for variances and trends.
- Be able to independently analyze and summarize the impacts of new and/or proposed accounting guidance, processes and procedures.
- Be innovative in collaborating with other departments to develop effective financial data and reports from various systems.
- Ability to dissect raw accounting data into a summarized analysis.
- Ability to perform research on current and new accounting and/or finance related issues.
- Enhances, improves, and maintains written procedures for the accounting department.
- Initiates, develops and maintains financial and operational accounting efficiencies.
- Engages all accounting/finance personnel to understand and apply regulatory and accounting controls, policies, and procedures.
- Provides innovative ideas to the accounting/finance department as well as improve efficiencies to various aspects of the department.
- Supports the supervision of the accounting staff.
- Serves as a primary resource for other areas of the credit union to explain to them accounting/finance transactions, reporting requirements and/or any accounting/finance discrepancies.
- Assists in the coordination and preparation of third party audit and review materials.
- Leads the implementation of changes in accounting/finance changes (for systems and reporting) as well as the implementation of new accounting standards and policies.
- Performs ad hoc projects and analyses for credit union management.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Manages and responsible for the professional development of Financial Analysts
- Completes all required Bank Secrecy Act related training annually and maintain knowledge of current BSA policies, specifically those related to cash handling (CTR filing) and identifying and reporting possible suspicious activity.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Managers(s).
If interested in the position, please submit an application with resume attached and reach out directly to the recruiter via email or call directly at (781)356-6907. All are welcome to apply!
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.